Wii Light

na34

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2007
Im not sure what it is but the light on my wii changes colours when off. It has been red yellow and orange once. What do each of these mean?

na34 said:
Im not sure what it is but the light on my wii changes colours when off. It has been red yellow and orange once. What do each of these mean?

Yellow = on
Red = off/Standby
Orange = Standby with WiiConnect

read zee manual or use the forum search.

*sigh*
read your instruction manual

vagrant said:
Yellow = on
Red = off/Standby
Orange = Standby with WiiConnect

read zee manual or use the forum search.

What? No, No, No....

Green= On
Red= Off... Period.
Orange-ish-Yellow= Standby With WiiConnect24

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
What? No, No, No....

Green= On
Red= Off... Period.
Orange-ish-Yellow= Standby With WiiConnect24

Which is exactly like I said. Anytime it leaves a light on when it is turned off, it's considered a standby light. Most TV's use them also. Just to show it is powered.

vagrant said:
Which is exactly like I said. Anytime it leaves a light on when it is turned off, it's considered a standby light. Most TV's use them also. Just to show it is powered.

But You Said That Yellow Was On. :)

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
But You Said That Yellow Was On. :)

Because technically it is more of a yellow than a green. And I was using the colors the OP used so I could answer his question.

why does everybody think the world is gonna end if they see colors on the power button of their console?!?!

look, everybody knows that if it's a red light, the death sequence has already begun. there's nothing you can do after that, not a soul on wiichat can save you then.

Star Striker said:
Just admit you're wrong Vagrant :lol:

What was I wrong about exactly?

*Edit*

Well since you are clearly not the smartest nerd in the AV class I will answer that for you.

I wasn't wrong. A Red light showing that a device is off, is called a "STANDBY" light.

Last edited:
Whats the best way to switch off the wii?

I just press/hold my wiimote to switch both off. Is this same as pressing the power button?

Back