Wii MUSIC GAME : Difficulty accessing Main Menu

robert.y

WiiChat Member
May 2, 2014
St Albans
I've just bought the Wii Music game to enjoy with my 3 year old granddaughter. The manual (page 17) says that "Starting the game will take you to the Main Menu" That isn't how my disc works. Every time I start it I have no option but to go directly into the lessons section . I wondered whether I have a faulty disc, or an early, now superseded, version. Or perhaps the manual is just plain wrong. Alternatively does it make a difference that I am choosing not to save my performances? Some other Wii games also allow access to the Main Menu by pressing the plus button on the remote but this doesn't work (at the moment anyway)with the Wii Music game. Any help anyone can offer to let me access the Main Menu and go directly to the action sections, without going through the lessons section, would be appreciated

If the game does not automatically save the fact that you have completed these lessons, perhaps this is the reason why it repeatedly forces you to do them. Save the game whenever prompted and that may fix your issue.

If the game does not automatically save the fact that you have completed these lessons, perhaps this is the reason why it repeatedly forces you to do them. Save the game whenever prompted and that may fix your issue.
Thank you Splash King. I guess you must be be right. So I have hours of drudgery ahead, filling the Wii memory with dross as I go. There are four other Mii's(other musical members of my family ) who would like to take part in the music ensembles that this game offers(eventually). I just hope they don't all have to do the same.
I find it difficult to understand how the official instructions can just be so wrong.There's no mention that parts of the game are "locked".

And putting that aside, on-screen , there's no warning that you will have to keep repeating sections unless you select the "save" option (and it literally is just an option)

Thanks again for your help, Splash King

Robert.y

Back