Wii on a small TV?

redfalcon

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2008
Berlin, Germany
Hi.

I'm currently thinking about buying a Wii. Since I only a a quite small TV (~38cm screen diagonal, about 14" I think), I'm curious whether i'ts worth to buy one. Does anyone play with such a small screen and can tell me about the, yes, well.. "Feeling"? Is it any fun to play with?

I play on 80 cm tv but yes, I played on 30 something tv. It's not bad, it was ok.

Seeing how they make 7 to 10 inch screens for Wii.. I'm sure it's not bad. At one time, I had mine connected to my computer, a 17" screen, and it was great. You'll enjoy it just as much. :yesnod:

cRaSh115 said:
Seeing how they make 7 to 10 inch screens for Wii.. I'm sure it's not bad. At one time, I had mine connected to my computer, a 17" screen, and it was great. You'll enjoy it just as much. :yesnod:

Did you use a RGB-to-VGA Converter Box? If yes, how was the image quality?

Anyway thanks for your answers, but I'm looking forward to some more opinions :)

my wii looks fine on my 19"(48cm) TV
it actually has a little better quality because the size of my tv is closer to 480p than my dads 36" TV is

I have a Macintosh, so I used an EyeTV hybrid. I had the analog version, not the digital. Not sure if digital would have made a difference, but the lag was terrible. It was so bad, it made gameplay nearly impossible. Image quality was great.

honestly i think it depends on what you are playing. If you playing a game with multiple people that could be an issue. However, I have been playing ssbb online over my friends house and her tv is the smallest thing on the planet...... So basically, By yourself = ok..... No by yourself = not ok

I think most games would be OK. But SSBB would be very hard to play. I play it on a 27" TV, and even on that TV I find it sometimes difficult to follow what's going on especially on really large maps (such as New Pork City).

I have it hooked up to a 19" TV at the moment, it's fine, but a bigger TV (with widescreen and HDTV support) will definitely be a lot better - I've also hooked it up to a 40" plasma screen, and it was amazing.

Until last Christmas I had my Wii connected to a 12" CRT TV, and it was perfectly fine. To be honest, size makes very little difference as long as you're sitting the optimum distance away. Split-screen multiplayer can be difficult to see on smaller TVs though, since they're generally lower resolution, but there are no problems with the Wiimote-pointing or anything like that when using a small TV, and you can see everything going on in single-player games just fine.

eh i dont remember the size of this tv but we went on a holidays and took my wii it would have been smaller than 17 inches... i played BK2 and it worked fine it was sweet when i got back to a bigger one but i survived i suggest you get a biggers screen if you can afford it if not get a wii anyway=D

i have a small tv in my room and it look fine but i'm getting a bigger one for my room but i dont know how big?????

Back