Wii online Gone Down The Trash Just Like DS online!

No surprise that Nintendo is going to ruin the Wii Online Gaming Experience. PLEASE tell me I don't have to end up buying a 360, because god knows I don't want to do that.

Squall7 said:
Err, wouldn't this indicate that they're doing a "no friend codes needed for online play" (just if you wish to play specific people, then friendcodes are needed)?

Also, here's Nintendo's bit on friendcodes:

Source: http://www.nintendowifi.com/consume...GTS_Friends&catId=GTS_Friends#GTS_friends_get
Seeing as though the DS and Wii are using the same wi-fi stance (even the USB dongle can be used on the Wii), it wouldn't make much sense for them to change it. Also, it stops people from selling on their games with an ungodly high stats/rankings etc for money - stopping people from making money out of Nintendo's acheivements.

Also, I don't see what the big deal with friendcodes is. You can play other people online without them, it's just that you need a 12 digit code to play specific people with it.

seeing as gamespy said that when the ds came out... i dought they will do it on the wii

I said Nintendo's greatest weakness has been online gaming. We'll have to wait and see how they handle this June 25th. I doubt it'll be bad. If you want supreme online gaming right now, the only one who comes close is the 360, and that's sad. The industry, PC included as a whole has a very poor selection of online games, and options.

Instead of crying now, just wait and see what it has to offer.

wow, I just hope they do better than that... and if that is the case.. I see myself buying a PS3 on june 26th

MysticGohan said:
seeing as gamespy said that when the ds came out... i dought they will do it on the wii
You said this whilst putting "You can play other people online without them" in bold. If these two are meant to be connected, then I'll just point out that it is true. Metroid Prime and Mario Kart (not sure about the rest, but I suspect they do) have a feature whereby you can play random people online - and if you both agree, you can add each other to your rivals list. I cannot see why this same thing wouldn't happen with the Wii.

The advantage of this though is that you can have a different name in each game. eg. In Brawl you could be "TheBrawlMaster123" but in mario strikers you could be "SoccerStar"

man i know this sucks ass but you should know by now how nintendo is u never now wat there gunna do next whether its good or bad but this although is bad to me the whole codes thing isnt annoying but the fact that you cant just play with the ppl on your friendlist thats annoying i mean whats the point in adding people to your wii roster when you dont even know if they will get the game or not WHY NINTENDO WHY

stupid ugio kid. Now im pissed off. What makes you think nintendo is so stupid to do such a thing? gamespy is made up from viewers like you. Only trust IGN and nintendo.com It will be just like your xbox live except not WoW in a box.

I personally don't have a problem with the ds online service, I also know that a lot of people have been complaining about this and not happy that the wii is finally going online soon!! I mean it's no pleasing you guys I don't want to be like some other xbox live so those fanboys can say badf things about the wii, It's time we start stepping out of the norm kudos to nintendo. Also I believe that it all come down to each game and how they interact with this service.

we should always expect differences from nintendo systems, you gotsta have faith that nintendo wont mess up lets keep the faith up people to be honest i was expecting for the wii to have friendcodes for online games remember that the wii uses wi-fi like the DS

pointblank1 said:
we should always expect differences from nintendo systems, you gotsta have faith that nintendo wont mess up lets keep the faith up people to be honest i was expecting for the wii to have friendcodes for online games remember that the wii uses wi-fi like the DS

Quoted for importance. Agree 100%

Back