Wii Remote 'Black Spot'

ins0

WiiChat Member
Apr 4, 2007
Cardiff, Wales
Wii Online Code
2469-4835-3373-3754
Hi, Just recently joined this forum and have enjoyed a lot of the information here! Anyway, I have a query that I can't really resolve or explain...

My Sensor bar is on the top of the TV approximaxtely 1.5m to 2m away (so within recommended distance) but I'm finding if I step maybe 20cm forward it totally loses the sensor on the middle of the screen, as if light from the window is disrupting the signal (even at night!). I can't think of why this could be, its all configured correctly, and its fine if I take half a step backwards/forwards, and when holding the remote at waist height its on the same level as the sensor bar (personally I'd prefer my TV a little higher!). Anyone got any ideas or can shed any light on this?

Thanks a Lot,
ins0

Its because you have a Wii from the United States. The measurments that you speak of are Metric and the US console doesn't understand. It is calibrated in inches.

try moving the sensor bar to the bottom, or if not try re-syncing remotes.

I'll try moving it to the bottom - resyncing didn't have any effect, common sense says to me its better to have the sensor bar more central to the place you normally hold it, but its worth a shot i suppose! (its that or play kneeling down ;))

Back