Wii Serial Number on Receipt?

LyricistSoldier said:
serious? not on the receipt? maybe its just a per store thing? I thought most stores entered each wii into their systems by serial not by a broad used upc. Like u dont put all your hp laptops on one upc, u do it by serial # so as to keep track of sales on each item since they are such large purchases that are in big demand. Its a safer system to recognize each wii as an individual through serial #. Can u tell I'm a retail worker? yea ill shadap now

OH WELL.. listen to me too closely n I may run u off a cliff

Ya, you are correct. The employee was SAPOSED to 1) scan my upc and 2) scan the serial #. Instead, he must have scanned the UPC twice and then when the register prompted for the serial # he scanned the UPC again. I have no idea why, just a mistake.

At the point of sale, the serial # is reported to Nintendo as being sold. It then starts the warranty from that date. Since mine was never reported, my registration on My Nintendo reported it.

Check you Wii Serial # here. The date should be when you purchased it:

https://my.nintendo.com/cpp/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

Anybody NOT have there serial on file?

Serial Number: **********

Warranty Info: |********|****1118|ValidWarranty|

yep thats a good thing to know how to check
nice tips man.. good to know your warranty starts as soon as you buy it.. I knew wiis were tracked by their serial #'s at the stores! :worship: before my knowledge

LyricistSoldier said:
Serial Number: **********

Warranty Info: |********|****1118|ValidWarranty|

yep thats a good thing to know how to check
nice tips man.. good to know your warranty starts as soon as you buy it.. I knew wiis were tracked by their serial #'s at the stores! :worship: before my knowledge

How did you it on the 18th?

Also, has anybody else done a check yet? Curious to see how many stores DON'T report the serial number.

what do u mean? the numbers after warranty: ?
I dunno man, i just copied pasted it n replaced most the numbers with *. but the 1's n 8 n all thats what it said, why does that mean somethin?

but yea i got my wii from target poway, ca and they reported the serial cuz they dont use upc... they use the actual wii serial number in their register system.

Tek720 said:
BUMP for others:

Check you Wii Serial # here. The date should be when you purchased it:

https://my.nintendo.com/cpp/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

Anybody NOT have there serial on file?

Found this:

Q:What if my system wasn't electronically registered at the store?

A:You can use our warranty lookup tool to determine if your new system has already been registered, and what its warranty status is. In the rare case that your new system may not have been electronically registered at the point-of-sale, your warranty is determined by your purchase date. There is no need to register or send anything to activate your warranty. If your system needs repair, a representative will assist you with your repair options based on your date of purchase. If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail Nintendo's Consumer Service Department.

Attention Wii Owners! If you register your newly purchased Wii serial number on your My Nintendo account, you will receive a free 90-day warranty extension! This 90-day warranty extension is exclusive to newly purchased Wii consoles and not available for any other system.

Back