Wii Shortages Till 2009?

P-Rez25

Defender Of Hyrule
Apr 26, 2007
863 FLA
Wii Online Code
8255-0644-9482-8172
According to certain analyst predictions, the current Wii shortages may be lasting a lot longer than anybody at Nintendo had anticipated, which might leave the Kyoto-based company between a rock and a hard place.
By Eugene Huang

With all of the figures tallied up from the first quarter of 2007 (as previously reported by GamePro), analysts have already begun publishing their predictions based on their closer inspection of the sales data. One such analyst is IDC's Billy Pidgeon, who believes that the Wii supply problem isn't ending any time soon. In his opinion, Nintendo may not correct their supply issues this year, or even next.

http://gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=110288

I have come to not listen to what game analyst say. Most of their conclusions are usually wrong or have flaws. But come on seriously 2009, I doubt that.

They're already more in stock in my area than they were a few weeks ago.

Come on, now.

Some areas are over-flooded with wii consoles and others continue to experience droughts. The shipments need to be sent out correctly to avoid this.

There have been about 6.5 Million wiis sold in half a year the wii has been out. If it continues for another six months it'll pass the amount of XBOX's sold. Assuming 1.5 people or even 2 buy a wii compared to XBOXes we're looking at 20 million Wii's sold by 2009. I think this is a reasonable estimate. 2009 is a little exaggerated though, I'd say mid 2008.

I think 2008 it will end Wii doesn't have any really amazing titles scheduled for 2008 but it's still early I think this wave will continue until June/July then you will see a lot of them and then around December they will be out again until April/May

Back