Wii Sports - Golf swing problem

wundej

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
Hey guys/gals,
Great info here, this is my first post but have been lurking for a bit. I did a search and didn't really find any issues like this.

I've been having some problems with golf lately and wondering if anyone else has seen this.

It seems that the wii is having a tough time realizing when I'm actually swinging down at the ball. It knows when I move for the back swing and displays properly but as I move to swing down it doesn't actually hit the ball. Sometimes it takes a few tries before it actually hits the ball.

The first few weeks I had the wii I didn't notice this at all. I thought it might have been the batteries (even though both remotes showed full). I swapped them out with new ones and still having issues.

I'm wondering if I changed the way I swing or something, but I doubt it. Anyone have any ideas?

Wii sports is just a demo game so their is bound to be a few issues (but hey, it was free). Just be patient and expirment with your control movements and you'll figure out how to make it work properly.

Thank you, cum again.

I find that it is easyist to play sitting down, and hit the ball by flicking ur wrist rather than swinging your arm.

This doesn't really have to do with the "demo" status, even though I'd consider Sports a disk full of mini games. They did a great job with them.

I wasn't having any issues in the first few weeks but there is something going on now. I was impressed with how accurate it was, I could take my normal golf swing and control my power with the length of my follow through. I though it was pretty good. Now it's like it doesn't even know I'm moving my hands down towards the ball.

Gaz, I actually putt that way. I kinda liked being able to take a real swing though (helps me practice my real swing without feeling like I'm wasting my time).

Back