Wii Sports Guide: Secrets & Tips

Hello, there

I wanted to know is it really possible to play one on one on tennis?
Cause even if I play alone I get two miis on each side. Or is it possible o play together with a friend against computer?
Also please tell me when you play with two players when the second player hits the ball do you hear the ball do the "bong" sound? Because I only hear the "whoosh" sound from the second player.
thank you

cghera said:
I wanted to know is it really possible to play one on one on tennis?
Unfortunately it's not.
cghera said:
Cause even if I play alone I get two miis on each side. Or is it possible o play together with a friend against computer?
Yes you can play with a friend against computer. To do this, select 2 player, choose your characters then when at the screen where you choose the teams, keep selecting the two spots on one side until one of them is you and the adjacent one is your friend's, then leave the other side as two questions marks and start the game.
cghera said:
Also please tell me when you play with two players when the second player hits the ball do you hear the ball do the "bong" sound? Because I only hear the "whoosh" sound from the second player.
You should hear both sounds, the "bong" sound should come from your friend's wiimote.

Ok, I managed to play 2 on one side. Anyone knows how to do those trick ball spins that the ball bounces on a strange angle on the grass?

Last edited:
cghera said:
Ok, I managed to play 2 on one side. Anyone knows how to do those trick ball spins that the ball bounces on a strange angle on the grass?
Not sure of your knowledge on the tennis shots but topspin is when the ball spins forwards and speeds up / heightens the bounce and slice is when ball spins backwards and causes it to slow down and bounce lower.

Forehand Topsin: twist the remote from the buttons facing up to the buttons
facing down.
Forehand Slice: hold remote with the face of it towards the sensor, followed by
swinging upwards and twist the remote away from the sensor.
Backhand Topsin: twist the remote from the buttons facing down to the buttons
facing up.
Backhand Slice: hold remote with the face of it away the sensor, followed by
swinging upwards and twist the remote towards the sensor.

Note that these shots take a bit of practice.

try snapping the wiimote to your ear like a phone and spiking it like a dart,with your wrist, towards your opponent. It works for me.

In boxing you can fight Matt when you get to about the 1500 ish range I believe.

I am at around 1700 to 1800 I forget.

The trick is to be patient and keep dodging till they miss. When you hear the slo-mo kick in, do a one-two punch to the face and then quickly go back to dodging. I leaned back a little so my head wasn't as open and had a high guard while dodging from side to side. Sometimes I opened with a quick jab just for kicks.

NOTE: You can lose points even if you win the match. I believe it happens because you performed poorly in the match such as getting knocked down too many times or getting hit too many times I dont know. But I have lost points from winning a match when I get KO'd a couple times.

Also, I don't know if this works but I shake my wiimote and nunchuk whenever I get knocked down and it seems to give me more health when I get up but I don't know if the shaking is why that happens. Maybe it's just a superstition but I never bothered not to do it. I really get into the boxing when I play >.>

Back