wii sports

Tennis is just the same swing over and over...
no matter how i swing it...wears the change up?

over-hand under-hand and each side?
no matter how its swung its the same damn
swing no matter what...why am i able to throw the
ball in baseball ONLY the same way flicking the mote
left to right with no effert? Golf is the same boring
swing with a differnt club ect...i dont just suck at it
and its not that i wouldent like it...its just the same
damn arm movement in every game...its gets redundant
(same thing for each game)

on a side note whats with the mii arm movement on bowling?
hold mote straight up to start...continue to bowl like normal...
shouldent your mii's arm follow exactly as your own? my mii will do
a full swing by the time i get my arm behind me...or back straight
down to the floor...whats with that?

Last edited:
The trick with Tennis the timing of your swing. Swinging early and late alters where the ball goes. It takes practice, but you can pull of some superb shots.

^^i got the timeing down...and the "lucky" shot in
im asking where the change up is...

i jus got teh wii a couple days back and wii sports is the only game being played by my family

1liter said:
^^i got the timeing down...and the "lucky" shot in
im asking where the change up is...

the change is in the side you swing your racket, the timing (and therefore ball positioning) and the different spins you put on it...funnily enough like the change in shots in real tennis!

Shadowpunk said:
You do know that Wii Sports doesnt use the sensor bar right??? Thats why its not so accurate in bowling and stuff

I didn't know that. My brother blames the Sensor because he punches too fast on Boxing for it to pick it up. Maybe he's just **** at it?

my 2 cents - Wii is made for kids , kids just love it and they having fun with wii sport - and if you dont like it - just go to the parc and play the real game or buy EA game and play on your pc, PS3 or Xbox and shut f... up.

V@A said:
my 2 cents - Wii is made for kids , kids just love it and they having fun with wii sport - and if you dont like it - just go to the parc and play the real game or buy EA game and play on your pc, PS3 or Xbox and shut f... up.

It's not made for kids, but it's also not designed for the hardcore gamer.

iplay alot of games. and i find it surprisingly addicting. played it 2 days straight lol

Wii_Smurf said:
I didn't know that. My brother blames the Sensor because he punches too fast on Boxing for it to pick it up. Maybe he's just **** at it?

Boxing was made shitty and fast on Wiisports, thats why. It doesnt pick things up well. Hopefully someone releases a fully integrated boxing game in future, that be cool.

I put it away for a couple of weeks and played some COD3 and trauma centre, then when my wife and I came back to it for a couple of games of tennis, its just as fun as the day I got it.

ok what im SAYING is...

i get the SAME swing in tennis, no matter HOW i swing it

and in bowling my mii will follow through on a swing even if I dont!
this is NOT how wii playes, what gives?

I really think your just reading into the bowling thing too much. Once you press the trigger it puts the animation in motion and the trick is to master the timing on when to release the ball. It would probably look stupid for your mii to walk up to the line, stand there, wait for you to pull your arm back behind you, then swing your arm foward. The way it is, the game kinda takes care of it for you.
The fade to the left is another trick to master. Try to play the training. On one of the tests, you have to curve the ball around obstacals on the alley. A couple of the obstacles force you to spin the ball to your unnatural side.
Overall, the point is, games like wii sports are not going to replace other forms of video gaming. I still play Medieval Total war 2 and HL2 almost as much as I did before I got my wii. But, the wii is always going to be there when friends and family come over.

1liter said:
tennis is just the worst.
I couldn't possibly disagree with you any more. Tennis in Wii Sports isn't just the best game of that title, it is one of the best games I've ever played. I absolutely love it. Sure, it doesn't have the graphics of Halo or the storyline of Zelda, but it's so frigging funtacular. Win or lose, I finish each and every game feeling very satisfied that I've just had an enjoyable experience. I thought tennis would be my favourite, and when I played it I found it even better than I thought I would.

I do agree to an extent about bowling though - I can't get the ball to zoom down the aisle straight. My sister's boyfriend can though, so I'm content with the knowledge that it can be done. I won't criticise a game just because I'm bad at it, if I know that what I'm bad at is down to me and not the game. In other words, I enjoy bowling even though I can't get the ball to go straight.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Curving the ball in bowling:

Hold the wiimote out straight as if you're pointing at something. Now rotate your arm so the top of the remote (with the buttons) faces left: the ball will curve left when you throw the ball like this. Rotate the remote so the buttons race right: the ball will curve right when you throw the ball like this. Now make sure that when you throw the ball, you don't twist your arm like this at all, so that when you follow through and after you throw the ball, the buttons end up facing upwards and not at an angle. It will go straight :)

To bowl straight just hold the Wii remote straight. I play the bowling just like I do in real life and it works a treat. In fact better. I take a small step to the right and bowl with a light spin to the left.

Back