Wii 'tips n tricks'

Well, I did the glowing blue light trick and it did work...until I turned it on and played again. I didnt check the email but it still went away. Anyone know why?

So has anyone confirmed the success of Wii Video 9 yet?

I am so so eager to be able to watch divx tv episodes on it. Also I heard you the Wii can already play *.mp4 files already? Is this true?

Hey, Is the only way to play a video uploading it to an SD card and then to the wii?

Also will i have to use Wii video 9 to play any video?

Generally if anyone has a simple walkthrough for playing Video's on the wii itl be mucho appreciated :D

Give your wii a memorable email address:

1) Open up a gmail account (for example: [email protected])
2) Send an email from your wii to the gmail account
3) When you receive the email in gmail, reply to it to confirm the account
4) Make a note of the "from" address. This is your wii's unique email address
5) In gmail settings, enable POP forwarding
6) Set up a filter to forward all email sent to the email address (for example: [email protected]) to your wii's email address that you made a note of in step 4.

Et voilla! Just give people the gmail address, and every email they send you will appear on your Wii!

I can't get #4 to work properly. The console light will only pulsate blue until I switch it on. Even if I don't read the message and turn the console off, the light doesn't come on until I get another new message.

Also, #29 is a mystery to me since I've never heard it chirp either.

Any reason why these could be so? I'm using V2.0E on my Wii. Whilst I'm posting anyway, feel free to add me to your Wii friends. Just let me know somehow...

Last edited:
vizionblind said:
#34 from zorilla. Press down on the conrol pad while watchng a video to change the voices, if you change the mood on a video the sounds will be affected too!!
Its with double r its ZORRILLA

I'm not sure if this'll go here, and some of these are kinda obvious but:

Wii Sports - Baseball, Pitching.

1. When pitching, if you hold down the A button and throw the ball, you can flick your wrist clockwise-anticlockwise to put a screwball onto the throw.

2. If you hold the D-Pad in any direction when throwing the ball, you 'lean' the throw in that direction.

3. There's a different effect I can't remember at the moment, but holding the B button while pitching alters your throw further.

4. If you're throwing the ball, sometimes when you use the above methods, either individually or combined, the ball might tap the floor before it reaches the batter or catcher, in which case the term "Ball" will appear on screen and you need to pitch again.

^ Those could probably all fit into one # though.

thisisgil said:

6) Set up a filter to forward all email sent to the email address (for example: [email protected]) to your wii's email address that you made a note of in step 4.

Et voilla! Just give people the gmail address, and every email they send you will appear on your Wii!

You know, I tried to sign up with gmail, but they haven't sent me the text invitation code... and all I can seem to do is request another invitation code or swim through the help center which as usual is a complete waste of time.

thisisgil said:

But will the spam still ONLY go to the gmail spam filter? or will that get through too?... Cos, i get rather a few embarresing spam messages

BlightedArt said:
I'm not sure if this'll go here, and some of these are kinda obvious but:

Wii Sports - Baseball, Pitching.

1. When pitching, if you hold down the A button and throw the ball, you can flick your wrist clockwise-anticlockwise to put a screwball onto the throw.

2. If you hold the D-Pad in any direction when throwing the ball, you 'lean' the throw in that direction.

3. There's a different effect I can't remember at the moment, but holding the B button while pitching alters your throw further.

4. If you're throwing the ball, sometimes when you use the above methods, either individually or combined, the ball might tap the floor before it reaches the batter or catcher, in which case the term "Ball" will appear on screen and you need to pitch again.

^ Those could probably all fit into one # though.

Well done you stated exactly what it says when you first play.

Good god.

About the Ball thing, Ball appears if the pitcher does a bad throw and the hitter lets it past.

Those are just common sense, not tips AT ALL.

I figured out a way to increase the number of colors available in the Picture Channel of the Wii. Just put a color palette in the picture, but rather then just telling everyone about it, I figured I could make it for you so all you have to do is download the picture and send it to your Wii. (either via your SDcard or e-mail).

I started a new thread for it, because I figured we can all share the drawings we make with it.

here's the link to the thread.
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/9807-wiipaint-something-cool-your-wii.html

Back