Wii U gamepad VS Smart glass

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hi everyone, I think for people that are confused yet and say that smart glass is far better than the Wii U gamepad are completely wrong. The gamepad has the same features as the smart glass without the multitouch screen ( that really doesn't matter), but the smart glass is focused for multimedia and doesn't suited well for gaming ( you have to use the xbox360 controller and smart glass alternatively instead of one controller in Wii U), this is an enormous advantage that Wii U has over the smart glass. Also, some people say that in high action games you don't get enought time to watch between your gamepad screen and the TV screen, again is wrong. For me, I only need three or four seconds to customise my items during gaming without affecting the game action and is fine for me. Remember the Wii U gamepad has a microphone to chat and so for other things, what that means?. Well, it means that the gamepad support voice commands too. You can say " Wii U play Prometeus movie" or "Wii U connect to youtube", for people that really don't know this feature. The multitouch feature doesn't matter because to select an item in your screen you don't need to select two or more items at the same time with your fingers, this will confuse the gamer. A Nintendo spokeman two weeks ago said that the gamepad design is definitive, but this not means that in the future it can't be upgraded or updated, so in the future Nintendo could release an upgraded gamepad with multitouch support if they want.
Finnaly, for people that say with smart glass you can use your existing console and don't need to purchase a new expensive one are wrong again. Remember Wii U is a next generation console, and in the next console race all its about interfaces instead graphic horsepower (the Wii U can be enable to play 720/PS4 games in low settings). In that territory Wii U is a win.. win..

Last edited:
Different things, smart glass wasn't mentioned as being used for games.

But its to be expected you not fully understanding

In my opinion, I called Nintendo told them about a touchscreen controller idea that I had. They surprised me by making something I had in mind, but they tweaked it differently such as they added literally a controller. My idea was to use no joysticks, no buttons with the exception of L/R and Z. The controller was the touchscreen itself. You wanted to play A gamecube game, use the touch screen as it represented all of the controls on the screen itself. My idea would've been cheaper.

I am not stating that Nintendo took my idea, I am saying that I have mentioned it to them.

^ That might not actually be cheaper. I'm pretty sure you need a higher grade of touch screen technology and especially programming, like seen with Microsod's... uh, rip-off of the gamepad, or "smart glass".

Not that I'd know, I'm not a tech nerd since I'm too busy wasting my time gaming. :lol: Take my uneducated ramblings with a grain of salt, yep.

You know what... you might be right, because thinking back on it; it would required a higher level of multi-touch capability. That would then mean more coding and programming.

Back