Wii VC Hacked

The VC games are expensive, but im paying it. I think they should release maybe a bundle pack or maybe a program where you trade in your old games for points. Although I doubt Nintendo would go for the trade in program.

Bulldogxx831 said:
A lot of us are dedicated Nintendo fans. This is just Nintendo being greedy ***holes I personally have most of the games that I see for sale. It is stupid for them to try to sell games on a different machine. Look at it this way I sell you an unlimited lemonade pass where the lemonade goes in plastic cups for 25 cents. Then I offer you another pass for 15 cents after you bought the first pass where the lemonade is in glass cups.

This may not make sense to you but this is how I see it.
It does make sense, but how about this? So yeah, you have to pay another 15 cents for the new pass, but (saying that this statement relates to Nintendo) the new pass is going to be a couple years in the future, and I would be able to keep the old lemonade pass anyway, just because Nintendo wants you to pay for the games to run on the Wii even though you already have it for the original unit, do you want to keep the cartridges or upgrade to built in memory or SD cards which are much thinner

yeah i got $50 bucks worth for x-mas..its good to support nintendo..and 5bucks for supermario bro is amazing? how much was it when the game came out?

fiveryanfrenzy said:
nintendo is a business providing us with a way to get and play these games, the price really isn't that bad for the hours you get out of it, why not just be honest and appreciate what they have done for us all these years?:confused:

it's their business that they've created and set up, you can't simply come up with some argument to justify stealing or 'hacking' to get free games, what right do you have to do what you want with something that doesn't belong to you? pay for the right to play and be happy that they have supplied us with such entertainment and that they keep on doing so.:thumbsup:

Hey NINTENDO is a business, Im sure your enjoyment is not on they're mind unless they're getting money from you. If you can get a free game then good for you. Besides, these new games now are pricing higher and higher... $60 for a game is nuts... soon we'll see games at $100 and that will be the norm!

these VC games are more then 10 years old! They can at least drop their price down a few bucks and still make $$$

Last edited:
I think VC games are a touch too expensive, but not outrageously. I hope they do drop the price of the games, or the price of Wii Points. But I wouldn't go as far as saying they're robbing us blind or anything like that.

I mean, 1000 Wii Points for Super Mario 64. That's about £7 in Britain. £7 to play one of the best games ever! And it'll be the same price for Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64 and (hopefully) Goldeneye. I think N64 games are priced just right, but NES, SNES and Sega Mega Drive/Genesis are just a tad too pricey.

fiveryanfrenzy said:
I understand what you mean, but what about this.

You buy the lemonade pass to work with vending machines

then they release a new pass (cheaper) to work with a delivery truck

NOTE: your old pass still works with the vending machines!

Is the pass just restricted to lemonade or can ya get Dr Pepper, Coke and Fanta with it as well?

-- Jim.

Nintendo will do one of the following if idiots do this:

1. constant firmware to disable new methods of cracking.
2. kill VC.

PtonJalken said:

2. kill VC.
I'm not sure they'll kill the VC, but you're right on the first one.

The only way I can see modding the Wii for ROMs possible, is if you disconnect from Nintendo. Running a cracked ROM WHILE connected to Nintendo is as stupid as registering a stolen product. Not only will they update for this purpose, but if you're caught you will probably be banned from Nintendo, at the very least.

Still, never underestimate the determination of Hackers/Modders. If you can figure out a way to connect directly to the Internet without relaying through Nintendo, then there seems to be no problem.

Here's an idea: Run your HTTP Server with a ROM Client, and connect using Opera. Definitely not simple, but seems more logical then what's been previously discussed :/ .

PtonJalken said:

2. kill VC.

Yeah SONY did that with the PSP. Luckily I kept mine 1.5 :ihih: but I doubt anyone will want to keep there Wii's updateless just for that

Redan499 said:
could someone explain to me what program i need to open these NZB files?

You need a nntp news client/reader that supports nzb files. Basically the nzb file is a pointer to all the messages on usenet that make up the binary file you want to download.

So it points to the posts that make up the files and which newsgroup they are in.

Do a google for nzb news reader/client, heaps available. Some free, some not free. Depends what operating system you have.

Zori said:
Yeah SONY did that with the PSP. Luckily I kept mine 1.5 :ihih: but I doubt anyone will want to keep there Wii's updateless just for that

As to your PSP and firmware 1.5, be sure to check out http://www.dark-alex.org/ and get an 3.02 OE-B firmware installed

I've recently upgraded to it after running one of his 2.71 hacked firmwares. Basically it includes devhook functions etc built in. Plus the ability to run homebrew like the 1.5 firmwares, as well as pick up the recent features added by Sony in the firmwares its based on.

Question, if you own the original game for the NES, SNES, Genesis etc. Is it then legal to download these under personal backup segment of the DRM laws?

Xanthan said:
Question, if you own the original game for the NES, SNES, Genesis etc. Is it then legal to download these under personal backup segment of the DRM laws?
I believe under recent changes to the DMCA you can download it if the original is no longer being produced

Back