Wii version...

Max14

Some random guy
Oct 10, 2006
Scotland, UK
OK a simple question which I can't find out staight away. The Wii version of TP allows you to use EITHER your gamecube controller or Wiimote+nunchuk - correct?

As far as im aware you can only use the wii-mote. Im sure there is question and answer thing on zelda on this site somewhere. Check the artcles section (one of the forums at the top of the list)

Oh rite its just I heard that when SSBB comes out you use the gamecube controLler so I thought you could have it both ways with other games. You can presumably use the Classic controller for Wii TP though right?

yeh, but theres a gamecube version of zelda TP so i doubt it. the wii version only has the controlls changed, thats right, no graphics improvement which makes u think, if the gamecube can pull of these graphics what can the wii do.

Hmmm I can't decide which to buy GC or Wii version. This could take some thinking

Any Wii game that utilizes the Wii-Mote, you can use nothing BUT the Wii-Mote.

It comes down to the developers, and how well the game functions with the certain controller. If there are a lot of problems with the Wii controls for a certain game, I'm sure they'd add GC controller support. Which is probably what they did with Dragonball Z, as it is at heart, a fighter. Not really suited for the Wiimote.

Flip said:
It comes down to the developers, and how well the game functions with the certain controller. If there are a lot of problems with the Wii controls for a certain game, I'm sure they'd add GC controller support. Which is probably what they did with Dragonball Z, as it is at heart, a fighter. Not really suited for the Wiimote.

Although a fighting game called Bleach, I believe, uses the Wii-Mote fully. The game is mostly swords, so you do horizontal, vertical, and stabbing motions.

Jenova said:
Although a fighting game called Bleach, I believe, uses the Wii-Mote fully. The game is mostly swords, so you do horizontal, vertical, and stabbing motions.

Ah, bleach. I watch the anime. btw that IS a fighting game but on a different level. As you pointed out there are swords used, so of course the Wiimote would be of use in THAT kinda fighting game. But punch and kick specific games, i.e. DBZ (besides ki attacks) wouldnt really benifit from wrist movements.

Last edited:
Jenova said:
Any Wii game that utilizes the Wii-Mote, you can use nothing BUT the Wii-Mote.
Wait a Second...thats not true...ive hurd that Super Smash Bros Brawl you have to use the GameCube Controler!!

Back