Wii Video Output through PC

Mini_Mario

Smashin' them Goomba's !
Aug 30, 2007
Was just wondering if any of you had any pointers, basically, my PC screen is bigger than my TV screen, so i figured i'd try and put my Wii video output through the composite input on my TV Tuner Card.
I can view the output on my PC, but the only problem is it is very poor quality (preview like). Is there anyway I can pass the video output of my Wii through some kind of PC connection that will allow me to view it on my PC monitor in a higher resolution ? I also tried passing it through the S-Video connection on my Video Card, but it had similar results. :crazy:
I thought a Component Cable might do it, but I cant think of any way of connecting it to my PC to view (PCI Cards with Component Inputs ? :shocked: ). There's always converting the signal from the Wii into VGA and having a VGA switching box between the Wii output and my PC's Output :wtf:
Any suggestions ? :lol: Never mind if it's too complex :wink:

Well, first of all, you only need to make one thread about this topic. Second of all, try the VGA switching box, and from there, if your monitor supports it, try a VGA-DVI adapter.

Thanks My god the Wii owns... Looking for suitable hardware now ....
And My bad - don't know how i managed two threads, any way of deleting them ? a Mod could help maybe ? :lol: Sorry guys/gals :sad:

The problem with using composite and S-video signals on computer monitors is that they both only transmit interlaced video. Almost all computer are not designed to display interlaced video, so they need to do some form of deinterlacing which tends to brings out interlace artifacts, making the video look pretty bad.

I wouldn't recommend playing the Wii on the computer monitor unless you can activate progressive scan through a component cable. Most computer displays and projectors only take progressive signals through a VGA input, so I'd recommend either one of these component-VGA transcoders depending on what you need.

or

What Ryko ment to say in english, if you go the straight VGA connector route, and you pick up a game, like Rayman, which doesn't support progressive scan (its 480i only), it will not play on your monitor, unless you use a box that will convert interlaces signals (480i) to progressive signals (480p). This is only some games though.

Back