Wii won't read any disks. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

donald4561

WiiChat Member
Sep 11, 2011
Dallas TX
Ok so I have had my wii for about three years, Ive never had a problem with it. EVER! All of a sudden one day it just decides im not going to read disks. I have tried everything, this happened to my friend and they blew compressed air down it, and that fixed it. I tried it and it didn't do anything. A guy at gamestop told me go out and buy the wii lens cleaner. Well guess what, they don't make those anymore. I have no clue what to do! I know you can send it into nintendo, but i don't care to wait 4 weeks for them to fix it. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Before any of you ask yes i am putting the games in correctly.

It may be a dirty lens given that your Wii is 3 years old. However it is more likely that the laser is dead. You can get a new laser for about $10. You'll need a tri wing screwdriver to take the wii apart but the laser replacement is actually quite simple. You can get the tri wing screwdriver at http://nintendoscrewdriver.com. They ship for free. Check youtube for tutorials on replacing the laser. There are many videos on there that will guide you through the process.

Back