Wiiconnect24 Woes!!!!

I think whatever is going on is a recent issue. I say this because I've had my Wii since Dec 26, 2006 and never had any connection issues.

As usual on the weekends, I disconnected the Wii and took it to the backyard for some backyard projection fun. Tried to check the everyone votes channel and got WiiConnect24 failure error 51330. Never had this before. I thought maybe I wasn't getting a good WiFi signal (even though the router was 20' away) and went to Opera. It works fine. Even the "connection test" works fine.

However, the weather, vote and news channels don't work.

I have an unmodded Wii, no settings were changed before it quit working. It no longer works even sitting in it's usual spot 2' from the WiFi router. Just the browser works.

Oh, and the Wii is getting an IP config from my 2000 server just as it always has.

New firmware solves wiiconnect24 problems

I downloaded the new firmware and just tried the weather and news channel again. And now a new kind of error appeared, something like NEWS00002 and FORE00002.

And now the trick: I sent myself a wii-mail to my home e-mail address and replied. That's all! And now the weather and news channel work fine.

Back