Wiimote Motion Sensitivity

Shom

WiiChat Member
Nov 28, 2006
Ok... One of my three wiimote's motion sensitivity isn't working for some reason... The buttons on it work and the pointer works, but no motion sensing.

Anyone know if there's a solution, or if I just need a new remote?

check your sensor bar, and try using the wiimote from a diff. position, i know you said the buttons work but also try changing the batteris just in case

im not sure, but a good technological strategy is to reboot, so try desync'ing and resync'ing the bluetooth and see if that helps

If everything mentioned above dosen't work, then I would probably buy a new wiimote. Maybe you could get Wii Play.

PtonJalken said:
senser bar has nothing to do with motion sensing.

id exchange the wiimote.

well, actually, it does. the sensor bar sends IR signals(light waves) so that the controller knows where the t.v./wii console is. if the sensor bar malfunctions, then the wiimote wont know where the console and t.v. are so the info the wiimote sends to the console will be scarmbled,

basically

jacked up sensor bar= jacked up remote signals= NO MOTION SENSING

the sensor bar sends IR light to the tip of the remote so it can triangular its position for the pointing, a tech thats been around since well before the NES light gun. i believe that many of us equate motion sensing with the accelerometers in the wiimote that detects its 3D position in space relative to gravity, which has no relation to the sensor bars function.

That is why you can throw your sensor bar behind your tv while playing wii tennis and nothing happens, but when you want to choose to play again by pointing at the button you need to reposition it.

I doubt it's the sensor bar because I can still use the wiimote as a pointer... plus the other 2 remotes are working just dandily.

I've tried resyncing/changing batteries/standing in different areas of the room/getting angry and shaking the wiimote... and it still does everything BUT motion sensing. I swing and scream 'til my arm is sore and the stupid golf club won't swing (and no, the problem is not just with Wii Sports). Maybe my brother dropped it on the floor and didn't feel like telling me (I don't blame him).

What I'm thinking right now is that I'm screwed and need a new remote. Thanks to everyone who gave advice, but... is there anyone out there who has experienced this issue and has the solution that could save me $39.99 plus tax?

Stranger said:
well, actually, it does. the sensor bar sends IR signals(light waves) so that the controller knows where the t.v./wii console is. if the sensor bar malfunctions, then the wiimote wont know where the console and t.v. are so the info the wiimote sends to the console will be scarmbled,

basically

jacked up sensor bar= jacked up remote signals= NO MOTION SENSING

Dude, no..... The controller uses bluetooth to communicate the accelerometer data with the wii..:eek:ut: :eek:ut: :eek:ut: :nonod:

I love how "scrambled" was scrambled...

Also to the original poster, some people here have had some luck just hitting the remote a couple of times... Otherwise, just trade it in. Use the search bar, I know I have read this somewhere before.

Shom said:
is there anyone out there who has experienced this issue and has the solution that could save me $39.99 plus tax?

A while back when I needed to replace a broken N64 controller, here's what I did... I went and bought a new one from a store with a good return policy. Then I took out the new controller and replaced it with the old controller that wasn't working and returned it to the store the next day. Free controller replacement. :thumbsup:

Granted, the N64 controllers came in cardboard boxes so it was much easier to return. You'll have to check with the store to see if they'll let you return stuff that "isn't working" that's already been cut out of the plastic.

Call up Nintendo customer support. They'll walk you through a couple quick tests and if it does appear to be defective, most likely they will replace it at no charge.

Back