Wiimote Accelerator?? Problems.

Apocalypse

I am the Apocalypse
Nov 11, 2007
Not sure of the spelling, as I've seen it spelled differently on other forums, but within the wiimote, there is a device called an accelerator (sp?) which gauges the motions that you perform.

This seems to not be functioning in my wiimote. The buttons all work, and I can move the cursor around to navigate, but any movements I try to perform do not get recognized. I posted on the sticky about wiimote problems, but I have yet to get a response. Here is what was last posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyvan
This has happened to me too, the wiimote works fine in the main menu, when i play wii sports it works well in the menus, but in-game the motion sensor doesn't work and all the buttons work fine, did the same as AlijUSC, hitting the home button and resynch the wiimote but it still doesn't work ingame. I just hope my wiimote isn't damaged or something.

I'm also having this exact same problem. Buttons work fine, I can navigate around, ect. But when I go into games like Wii Sports or Excite Truck, it won't read any motions.

I read somewhere that this could be caused by an accelerorator (sp) in the wiimote thats not functioning properly, but that doesn't help the problem any!

What has anyone else done to get rid of this problem? Certainly there must be some solution, I just hope it's not "Buy a new wiimote/Wii."

Help would be appreciated...

It does sound like your accelerometer is broken within the remote. My suggestion would be to call Nintendo and get a replacement.

Lovely. I'm working in Indonesia, so I doubt Nintendo has a branch out here. I'll have to go check that out next. Either way, looks like I'll be heading back to the salesperson who sold it to me. :mad5:

I would contact Nintendo. Would think they would replace as long as the wiimote is in one piece.

Back