Wiimote replacement

hackdroot

WiiChat Member
Nov 27, 2006
Well, it finally happened. My daughter was swinging the remote while bowling and it went flying into the base of the TV after the strap broke. Fortunately the base is solid wood. Unfortunately the Wii remote doesn't work now. Something internally must have been damaged. I have one of the older straps on these as well. I wonder if Nintendo will replace the Wii remote.

What sucks worse than not having a Wii? Having one you can't play because your Wii remote is broken and you cant find a replacement in stores. :nonod:

If you ring nintendo they probably will replace it even though nintendo dont have to. Also she must have hit it pretty damn hard nintendo products are normally very strong.

That is exactly what I thought. The remote appears undamaged and nothing appears to be shaking around on the inside. I saw the videos of the folks chucking them at warp speed into walls and such without issue. It's strange that ours took a minor hit and no longer has motion sensing.

maybe try resyncing it, that might do the trick because you could drop any nintendo product out of a plane at 10,000feet and it would still work so im sure alittle knock wouldnt have broken it

Hi, new member. Does this mean sony won't make any replacement parts. will these controllers last forever.

papa144 said:
Hi, new member. Does this mean sony won't make any replacement parts. will these controllers last forever.

wtf does sony have to do with anything? we are not a PS3 forum. go to PS3Chat.com

Nintendo is good about replacing stuff. They overnighted me 4 Wiimote Straps. I feel much "safer" having the re-enforced straps.

Omie said:
Nintendo is good about replacing stuff. They overnighted me 4 Wiimote Straps. I feel much "safer" having the re-enforced straps.

Do the nintendo wii's come with the newer straps now

extremegamer01 said:
Do the nintendo wii's come with the newer straps now
All Wiis bought after December are "supposed" to come with the new Wii straps.

atleast she learned her lesson.

in the future - tell your children that you don't have to use max force, or if needed.. atleast hold onto it.

not trying to be offensive, but common sense

wii.ndi said:
atleast she learned her lesson.

in the future - tell your children that you don't have to use max force, or if needed.. atleast hold onto it.

not trying to be offensive, but common sense

I agree, dude. Why do most ppl feel the need to let go of the remote? Half the time i play games without the strap and it's still perfectly safe because i a) hold onto it and b) don't swing it like a moron.

hmmm i got mine on the 15th,how do i know if its a newer strap?

psychono2 said:
hmmm i got mine on the 15th,how do i know if its a newer strap?
Is it "thick" or "thin"? lol You should be able to tell if its "thick" even if you dont have then "thin" one to compare because the thin one is like dental floss almost lol

Back