Wii's Momentum To Last Until Ps3 is Under $300?

Heck, it dosent matter how much the ps3 costs its still one crappy system.The PS3 may be able to play blue-ray,but the wii has better motion control.Who knows nintendo might be working on a upgrade for the wii.Sony's biggest problem is that they dont concentrate on gameplay ,they only focus on the graphics.Nintendo, on the other hand concentrates on the gameplay, not the graphics.The biggest diffrence between the two is that Nintendo concentrates on the gameplay instead of graphics,while Sony only focus' on the graphics instead of the gameplay.I'm glad i got a wii instead of a PS3.

261311 said:
On the article, I'll believe it. Most people I'm sure wouldn't mind owning a PS3 (besides its size) but the price may be a bit too high right now, same with the 360 but they have an excellent lineup, I must admit.

thats like exactly how i feel, i mean well i dotn want the 360 but for the ps3 the only thing stopping me from geting it before is its price, and when its lowered to $300 i'll get it cause thats somewhat reasonable. but until then i have my wii to hold me over and even if i get the ps3 it will still probaly be my main console

Sovieto said:
i doubt ssbb will cause much of a spike at all. all the nintendo fans already own a wii and besides them its mostly "casual" gamers, remember? they arent looking forward to SSBB.

but until ps3 is under $300? stupid article, and thats pretty god awful if the wii takes that long to meet demand, it shouldve already but i guess nintendo loves the attention.

Actually, Super Smash Bros. Brawl could cause a spike. Sometimes people with systems, and this goes for all three, will wait until their favorite game comes out and then will proceed to buy the console. Considering the delays of Brawl, and the lack of good games for the most part in 2007, gamers may have waited until Brawl comes out to buy a Wii. Not saying its going to sell a bunch of consoles, but it could still do some damage. Like with Halo 3 for example. That game sold a lot, and also increased the 360 sales. You also have to take into consideration the people who do not yet have a Wii out there, and the people that were unsure of what it was about and may decide to buy one later. You have to think a bit more rationally, before saying SSBB won't do anything for the Wii.

Also, Wii is expected to meet demand by April of this year, the article is simply talking about the interest towards to the Wii and saying how there won't be as much if Ps3 drops to $300.

Atomheart said:
If you think it's the Mario and Zelda games pushing the Wii consoles, you might want to rethink that.

GC was the worst selling console of last generation. It had Mario and Zelda games, no?

Are you kidding?

Mario games and Zelda, especially all the Mario ones..are some of the better selling games and better overall games out there. Mario Party, Baseball, Tennis, Kart etc. Don't let the people playing their casual games fool you this time around, and for Gamecube there were more problems with it than you mention here. Yes it had Mario and Zelda, what it didn't have was good third party support, so ultimately did very poorly.

CantGetAWii said:
Yes it had Mario and Zelda, what it didn't have was good third party support, so ultimately did very poorly.

And so does the Wii now, i think publishers are like planning to make the Wii fail becuz of lack of 3rd party titles.

ChristmasWii said:
I don't think the Wii's momentum is threatened. However, Microsoft should worry.
Very true. Both Sony and Nintendo have a huge line-up of popular trusted titles coming out this year while Xbox may have a few, but all are non-exclusive.

I say Microsoft is either hiding something special, or sh*ting bricks.

Lol very nice story, Sterculius. Yeah you have to compensate for the average consumer. Glowing blue lights may appeal to them more than decorating a virtual room. I think the Wii nailed that really well. All my sisters do is play Wii sports when I visit on the Holidays. I keep telling them I have other games... Oh well.

Last edited:
I keep telling folks over and over again but they think I'm wacko. Wii Fit will boost console sales like CRAZY. Expect Wii to be out of stock for a LOOONG time.

On subject, don't expect Sony to drop their price too soon, the PS3 is already killing them financially. The Wii is the only console this gen that hasn't had the need to price drop (which means demand is still high).

A $300 PS3 would be a much smaller white version that sits vertically in a stand and has motion sensitive controllers.

If you know what I mean...

Meybe if they drop the price, they will get better sales, but still, with games at $60, and you have to wait for a loooong time to a price drop to around $45, not many people are going to support the console.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii, and its game, but still, I would like the PS3 sales to go up, since, the Wii for some reason, doesn't have too many RPGs, and Playstation has always had good amount of RPGs.

Orion said:
Meybe if they drop the price, they will get better sales, but still, with games at $60, and you have to wait for a loooong time to a price drop to around $45, not many people are going to support the console.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Wii, and its game, but still, I would like the PS3 sales to go up, since, the Wii for some reason, doesn't have too many RPGs, and Playstation has always had good amount of RPGs.

Wii needs more shooters,I dont like RPG's that much but the wii has like two i think which are:Super paper marioand alien syndrome

Last edited:
By removing backwards compatibility Sony have removed my biggest reason for buying a PS3, I still have a dozen PS games and about 18 PS2 games that I still play regularly on my PS2. I finally got a Wii on Thursday (17th Jan 08) and I am really impressed with its playability and that is what really matters in games, not how lifelike it is. My biggest reason for not buying an Xbox is that Bill Gates has too much money and too big a monopoly of IT markets already without me giving him more money.

I look forward to seeing how the wii continues to develop both online and through software/hardware releases.

muddycars said:
By removing backwards compatibility Sony have removed my biggest reason for buying a PS3, I still have a dozen PS games and about 18 PS2 games that I still play regularly on my PS2. I finally got a Wii on Thursday (17th Jan 08) and I am really impressed with its playability and that is what really matters in games, not how lifelike it is. My biggest reason for not buying an Xbox is that Bill Gates has too much money and too big a monopoly of IT markets already without me giving him more money.

I look forward to seeing how the wii continues to develop both online and through software/hardware releases.

This year will be the best for Nintendo,they got Brawl,Incredible Hulk,Mario Kart,Sega superstars tennis.So by the end of the year the Wii will be the 1 consle in the World!the end of the year is the good time to buy a wii , Nintendo has to ship more out.I got this from ign.

muddycars said:

Welcome to the family!
But hey, let me tell ya bout some common mistakes often made by new Wii owners. They often buy the gimicky/rushed games first.
Here are games to avoid:
1. Red Steel
2. Mario Party 8
3. Farcry

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED GAMES:
1. Metroid Prime 3
2. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Excite Truck (Highly Underrated, a lot of people who play it call it the best racer of all time)
5. The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

Just a quick list. I'm not telling you how to spend your money, I'm just lookin out 4 ya..

Back