Wii's REAL Hardware Specs *Rumour*

Ezekiel86

Chillin in the Mill
Jun 26, 2006
Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in
Wii Online Code
4149-4465-6987-2962
This got me thinking ever since I stumbled upon the Wikipedia page for the Wii. I went there a few weeks back (dating back from Sun 27 August 2006) and under the "Technical Specifications" the Wii's CPU was clocked at 3.1Ghz, a massive leap from the initially stated 729Mhz. My suspicions were later strengthened when this figure was suddenly removed from Wikipedia, only to be replaced by the ambiguous "IBM Broadway" statement.

Could it be true? Don't get me wrong, it could have been a simple error of editing. But if it is true then graphically, the Wii could have a half decent chance of squaring with its competitors (please don't get into an argument about the use of the term 'competitors' because I am aware Nintendo has officially stated they are not aiming to compete, but as long as Sony and Microsoft threaten Nintendo's domain they are still considered competitors by my standards).

Note: I have not seen the figure of 3.1Ghz mentioned anywhere else, so if it is true the editor of Wikipedia must have done some hardcore scouring of the web... If anyone else can find some confirmation or rebuttal to this please let me know!

I doubt it will be as high as that. The wii isn't about the specs/graphics etc, its about the games. I doubt nintendo would of put that much into the wii, and certainly not sell it for as cheap as im hoping for if they did.

maybe the first one was given, then the 3.1 was fake that someone added, then they took it off and at the time they were seeing the wii is more powerful so they just replaced it by that to stop speculation

Wikipedia, as much as i love it, is being screwed with all the time, people defacing stuff, which is a shame because its a great idea. But i wouldn't site wikipedia as your rock solid source.

Wikipedia, as much as i love it, is being screwed with all the time, people defacing stuff, which is a shame because its a great idea. But i wouldn't site wikipedia as your rock solid source. But its ok because i think that type of crap with slowly stop of Wikipedia had hardcore fans that fix it daily

Hey Ezekiel86. I've seen rumored sites that claim that nintendo Made different versions of the Broadway CPU ranging from 3.2GHz - 729MHz and the Hollywood GPU ranging from 1GHz - 243MHz. Supposedly they tested this chips to determine what was best. It's also rumored they settled with a CPU Approx. 1.7GHZ and a GPU Approx. 555MHz. Don't know it you seen that. Can't rememer where I saw It.

Okay... II DOn't Know The Sizes Of Mgz And Ghz... SO How Much Does 3.1 Ghz Hold?

(i feel stupid):lol:

It's not memory, it's a measure of speed. That is how much data the processor can process per second.

Well I just wrote honestly about a 20-30 minute post explaining the systems and what GPU/CPU/RAM was, but it got erased somehow :(

Back