wii's wifi

Solard

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
i feel really dumb/angry posting this, but does the wii need wifi connector to get on opera (idk how i figured wifi would work without it...) =( i looked at prices and its 40$ im on low budget, does wii come with the wifi thing (plzzzzzzzzz! ) :prrr: :mad2: :sad: :nonod: =( =( =(

Wii has wifi built in, but you also need to have a wireless network in your house to take advantage of it (i.e. wireless router). Alternatively , you can buy a USB wireless access point specially for Nintendo DS/Wii which costs about $40 (is that what you are talking about?). This USB device plugs into your computer and allows your wii to use your computers wired network access. This is usefull if you don't already have a wireless router for your computer.

thanks all =) and one last question, undoubtedly from mty questions i am a complete tech newb, can my router go through walls, and how long is its range (my tv is 22 ft. away from my router =( )

/edit (i have wall paper walls, rly thin)

Last edited:
I just got my WII and I have a Wireless network setup. Are you saying I should be able to hookup online? IF so, what am I am able to do? Sorry, I just got this and did not play with it too much last night.

Last edited:
Back