WiiWare and Lost Winds

Foxy

Super Ninjarator
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
3881-9484-9041-5848
8998.jpg

WiiWare, the Nintendo answer to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN store, has been a subject of rumours and discussion since it was first announced. People were asking questions of how would they store these games on the small 512mb memory the wii holds? How much would they cost? Will the games be good? Well I can clarify that the answer to that last question is a whole hearted 'yes'.

Square Enix
have been busy making a Final Fantasy game for Wiiware which seems by far the biggest title. Nintendo has offered its services with the updated Dr Mario and Xgen Studios offering some light hearted fun from its flash range. We're sure to come across many other developers and their creations with the WiiWare channel fast approaching.

The latest title to be announce is the 3D Frontier Entertainment title 'Lost Winds'. It is a mix between adventure and platform as you take control of Toku and his power to manipulate wind. Use your wiimote to guide Toku through harsh gale force tornadoes or subtle breezes on his travels across the land. Use the face buttons as modifiers for the wind.

As far as stories go this isn't anything blockbusting. The Evil Balasa has put a curse on the land of Mistralis however why focus on the story when the developers have done such a good job bringing the beautyful land of Mistralis to life on WiiWare?

The title will launch on May 12th along with the WiiWare channel.

Reported by;Cpt.McCloud Via; Jeux France

i think we might see Star fox and kirby as Wiiware game, instead of full games. But who knows.

Fillieto said:
i think we might see Star fox and kirby as Wiiware game, instead of full games. But who knows.

If those games are made into small wiiware games I would literally boycott Nintendo and go 360 on their ass.

Starfox is what I'm waiting for.

Lost Winds looks really cool. I'm glad I saved my wii points up. Might grab this when it comes out. Anyone have any idea what wiiware prices will be like?

Skorp said:
Lost Winds looks really cool. I'm glad I saved my wii points up. Might grab this when it comes out. Anyone have any idea what wiiware prices will be like?

Word on the street is £5+, $5+.

Cpt.McCloud said:
If those games are made into small wiiware games I would literally boycott Nintendo and go 360 on their ass.

Starfox alone would be treated as a full Title i think, because it would get most attention. Maybe Kirby, ice climbers etc will stay Wiiware.

BTW Cappin' check TPX out...the same thread as this. :lol:

Fillieto said:
Starfox alone would be treated as a full Title i think, because it would get most attention. Maybe Kirby, ice climbers etc will stay Wiiware.

BTW Cappin' check TPX out...the same thread as this. :lol:

Yes, I wrote the article and have put it onto a few sites for discussion. Wow at you being a TPX member:wink:

Cpt.McCloud said:

Agreed, after playing through the N64 game again a few weeks ago I have found myself trying to find the Gamecube games and I am eagerly awaiting a Wii Version.

With WiiWare, like I have said before I am hoping that with its release we will see less mini-games come out for Wii.

CantGetAWii said:
Agreed, after playing through the N64 game again a few weeks ago I have found myself trying to find the Gamecube games and I am eagerly awaiting a Wii Version.

With WiiWare, like I have said before I am hoping that with its release we will see less mini-games come out for Wii.

Ship all the low quality budget games to wiiware. Lets have some real wii games now!

Back