Will the power of the PS3 & 360 out last the Wii ?

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Please say it ain't so...but unfortunately i've heard it from one or more magazines and tv shows and websites that the pure hardware and graphical horse power of the other two consoles will continue on for 5 or more years and progress in graphics, speed, and framerate as the dev kits are mastered by developers.
However they say the Wii will reach it's graphical limits in about 1 or 2 years time and by then the, what they call "gimmicky" control scheme will have worn off and the Wii will go the way of the gamecube.
I hope to god none of that is true, i'm hoping that the Wii's already huge install base will be the deciding factor this time and it will inspire all developers to create games in a more innovative way so as to utilize, encourage and make the new controller the future preference of all gamers.
I just hope the Wii not only lasts as long as the others but even longer with the more impressive and innovative game library.

The Wii will last just as long since as the months go on, the Wiis will hopefully be in stock more, it is the cheapest of them all, it is meant for all ages (unlike the rest), and the control system is nothing like the PS3 and XBox.

the power of a system means nothing. it depends on which system will have more sells, which is most likely the Wii. The ps3s power is its own downfall. the 360 is just fine though. its powerful, but affordable

As long as the games are fun, they will sell. and I've played all 3 and I think the wii is by for the best for entertainment, 360 for online multiplayer, ps3 for graphics and sound. But remember what gaming is all about in the first place..FUN.

And besides which the ps1 wasn't anything terribly special. I mean c'mon it had its head handed to it when it crunched numbers against the Saturn.

How did it win?

The sheer number of titles.

The interface was easy to use and there were enough games out that everyone could find something they liked.

The wii may very well follow the same path, since the games costs much less to develop and I'm sure there are many unique visions out there on how the wii's controls can be used to produce an interesting experience.

They may not make it to the number one spot this time around but they themselves did not expect the wii to take off as well as it has, and with that they are most likely hard at work on the wii's successor.

Sony and Microsoft are afraid of what the little white box could do to their fan base so they set their fan boys and journalists out to discredit the wii's success to nothing more than a flash in the pan gimmick that no one will remember in a few years.

I'm sure the people at nintendo have known they were the underdog from the beginning and have most likely planned accordingly to keep the system fresh. Ninty doesn't trash talk b/c they don't need to, they let their games speak for them.

Remember he old proverb: "Never threaten. It lets the other man know you're coming."

Don't count Nintendo out yet, or you may very well be surprised.

Last edited:
Extra Life Mushroom said:
As long as the games are fun, they will sell. and I've played all 3 and I think the wii is by for the best for entertainment, 360 for online multiplayer, ps3 for graphics and sound. But remember what gaming is all about in the first place..FUN.

And besides which the ps1 wasn't anything terribly special. I mean c'mon it had its head handed to it when it crunched numbers against the Saturn.

How did it win?

The sheer number of titles.

The interface was easy to use and there were enough games out that everyone could find something they liked.

The wii may very well follow the same path, since the games costs much less to develop and I'm sure there are many unique visions out there on how the wii's controls can be used to produce an interesting experience.

They may not make it to the number one spot this time around but they themselves did not expect the wii to take off as well as it has, and with that they are most likely hard at work on the wii's successor.

Sony and Microsoft are afraid of what the little white box could do to their fan base so they set their fan boys and journalists out to discredit the wii's success to nothing more than a flash in the pan gimmick that no one will remember in a few years.

I'm sure the people at nintendo have known they were the underdog from the beginning and have most likely planned accordingly to keep the system fresh. Ninty doesn't trash talk b/c they don't need to, they let their games speak for them.

Remember he old proverb: "Never threaten. It lets the other man know you're coming."

Don't count Nintendo out yet, or you may very well be surprised.

yeah sega, capcom and namco are showing more support for the wii, and it's just not because it's cheaper to develop, but because right now the wii looks like it's going to have more sales by the end of next year and developers want to ride the wii to moneysville

ericlewis91 said:
k..please SEARCH..there is aleast 5+ posts about this! uh u people make me mad

You let things like this anger you?:mad5:

the wii will be the same as the gamecube. its fun for now, but it won't last. obviously it'll have to rely on fun games. even in this case though, there can't possibly be enough good games for the wii to last as long as the 360 or ps3... every year will be a new generation of graphics for the 360 and ps3, and will keep people interested.

While I enjoy the Wiimote and the general control scheme of the Wii, the only thing that keeps me playing my Wii are the games. As games like Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, and Super Smash Brothers are only available on Nintendo's Wii, I'm more or less stuck with the console, as I love all of these franchises.

As much as I regret to admit it, in my opinion, the Wiimote is a bit of a gimmick. In my eyes, Nintendo's only advantage over other consoles is the huge amount of game franchises and their memorable characters (Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, etc).

Well, the average person (Like me) reads stuff on Wiichat all the time.

People post views saying the wii will last, and people post views on how it will go the way of the gamecube (Fun, but blast it. Not enough good games on it.)

Both sides have become very convincing, and the average person's best bet to see who's right is to flip a coin.

In other words.... Let that 5 years roll around. Then we'll see how things are going.

I myself will have Brawl. And will be beyond content if the online mode is created successfully.

Look at the direction the Wii is heading in it's topping sales worldwide and what do lot's of sales mean?

Third Party Developers begin to take note :)

I can see a hell of alot of quality games coming Nintendos way and even more interest from the big boys such as Rockstar and Square.

Hell even if Nintendo do flop in two years time which I can't see it myself the amount of money they would of gained from the Wii would set them up perfectly for the Nintendo Wii 2

i like some of the posts here, pretty good
and this has been discussed before though
the question is basically, will the wii prove itself that it is next gen? it seems to be riding off the cheapness of last gen prices to carry itself, much like how the ps2 is still doing great, but the ps2 will die within 2 years or so when people start wanting the ps3, when all the consoles have had price drops, and the the next gen isnt all so expensive as it is at the moment, sure the wii will be cheaper too, but a lot of people are just buying it because its the only one they know they can afford out of the next gen systems at the moment. only time will tell is the answer to this debate though, its the only answer.

Back