wireless connection problem

onixgerald

Totally Wiicked
May 10, 2007
china
hi I've just bought a wireless router (TP-link) and set it up home and try to connect my wii and it can pick-up the access point the problem is my can't connect in it I got an 52132 error. So, I check it at nintendo consumer service and i have noticed something this is it

(It is possible that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not compatible with the Wii console. For instance, if you need to login with a user name and password when you try to go online for the first time after restrarting your PC, your ISP is likely not compatible.)

just want to ask if there is still possibility that I can connect my wii even my ISP is like this?

Welcome!

Yes, it's possible. What's your ISP? Can you test the router with something other than your Wii to ensure it works?

onixgerald said:
hi I've just bought a wireless router (TP-link) and set it up home and try to connect my wii and it can pick-up the access point the problem is my can't connect in it I got an 52132 error. So, I check it at nintendo consumer service and i have noticed something this is it

(It is possible that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is not compatible with the Wii console. For instance, if you need to login with a user name and password when you try to go online for the first time after restrarting your PC, your ISP is likely not compatible.)

just want to ask if there is still possibility that I can connect my wii even my ISP is like this?

Hi onixgerld,

it seems to be that some routers DSL aren´t good friends with the Wii. But first try the next things:
1)Be sure that whatever you configure on your router is also the same on your Wii, for example:
- SSID
- If you have your IP dynamic (DHCP) or static
- Start with no security (Encryption) and move up the ladder when it works.

2) Try first to do the Wifi in the same room (wii and Router) if possible.
3) If you have any remote baby camaras, shut them down, they use the same freq. as the Wifi. Also donñt trun on the Microwave (just in case)

And always check twice the passwords, a lot of time the mistake is there (I can tell you)

hey guys thanks to all your I finally makw my wii to connect, but more question, how long will it take your wii to update for the first time? because now im on 3 hours but still the update is not yet finish. Also can you access the wii channel evevn if you have not update the firmware? because i try to access the wii shop and its keep me coming back to wii menu.

My first wii update took me 20mins but that may be becasue i have high speed internet whereas you do not. And no and you need to update the firmware because it is a channel update and will not work otherwise.

Click on the green mushroom by the online status if i helped!

WIIMAN999

Glad you got it working that much, at least!

It depends. I had one system update that took an hour and a half. The next took about twenty minutes. It may be your 'net connection, or it may be a problem on Nintendo's end.

I don't know about the Wii shop; I didn't try it until after the system update.

Best of luck!

It might have been because Nintendo's server was busy or like BrentNewhall said it might just have been ur net connection.

got latest firmware now im on 2.2, can also connect to weather forecast and wiiconnect but the problem is i can't go on the wiishop it just stop on "connecting please wait" screen with a blue ring in the middle continue to rotate and stays there four hours. I tried it a couple of times but still stuck on that screen does any one know what to deal with this? thanks in advance

OK, well then it's obviously not your 'net connection. I have had times when I've been just completely unable to connect to the Wii shop. It comes back after a while. One time, it was down for a full day for me.

Keep at it and good luck!

at last I finally connected to wii shop. I tried it in the the morning then finally hook on it.

Wiishop seems to be flaky at random times. I have never had a connection issue and one day Wiishop wouldn't work properly. I troubleshot for a while and finally connected to a neighbors wireless which is on a different ISP and the problem persisted. The next morning it worked fine.

Back