Worst Customer Service

laderer5

Wii > Xbox360 +PS3
Feb 20, 2007
Buffalo NY
Wii Online Code
6636-1630-0874-1365
I recently sent Nintendo an email concerning a problem with my wii and here it is. They didnt even answer my question and there isnt an answer in the link.... Anyone wanna help me?

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
-----------------

Posted At: 15:08:46.000 05/01/2007
Posted To: Nintendo <[email protected]>
Subject: Webform: Wii > System - Operation/Troubleshooting/Set Up

Hello, I recently was trying to playing Gamecube games on my wii. I put the
memory card in Slot A and it couldnt read it but Slot B could. My firends
Gamecube reads my memory card. But since slot B reads and Slot A dosent, Slot B
cant read the data while playing the game so wohat should i do? I cant return
the system to the store since I have Tons of Mii's and 50$ worth of Virtual
Console games, which i wont get back with my returned console.
I have read the Wii warranty and i HAVENT bypassed it in anyway I also have a 4
year Warranty and a reciept.
Thank You for your help.

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had a problem with your Wii console. A whole list
of console troubleshooting topics may be found on our support website. I'm
confident you will find the answers you seek there. I've provided a direct link
below:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/system.jsp

If you are still unable to find an answer to your question or a resolution to
your problem, please contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department by calling
1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to set up your repair between
6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

One more thing, please check out our important safety information for playing
Wii on the following web page:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wiiplay.jsp

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Sharon Matheny

ah thats a great "universal" answer that they gave you there :(

its like they completely ignored your question and stuck up their trouble shooting techniques.

i say Email them again (that is if the response time was fast) and state that youre capable of trouble shooting, its the fact that you want to have your wii serviced without losing everything that you downloaded

k will do. This will be the 3rd emial.:mad5: Same thing happended all 3 times.

laderer5 said:
k will do. This will be the 3rd emial.:mad5: Same thing happended all 3 times.

are you serious???????? :yikes:

yeah you need to just call then and tell them that youre not an idiot. sounds like a defect to me if it reads on your buddies wii

hey, I had the best customer service ever over the phone. Call em if you can.

it works on gamecubes but doesnt work on my wii

I would just call them, don't send anymore emails, is like they respond you back without even looking your email. just call them, I'm pretty sure they will help you over the phone.

does it cost money? (Long Distance)(I live in New york).. And also when could i call them.? Thx

I could have returned my wii but i have like 50$ of VC games.

laderer5 said:
does it cost money? (Long Distance)(I live in New york).. And also when could i call them.? Thx

I could have returned my wii but i have like 50$ of VC games.
shouldnt its a 1800 number

i live in NY too, long island

LOL Dude! :arf:
The number is toll free and is listed in your own post! The hours of operation are also listed

"by calling 1-800-255-3700. Representatives are available to set up your repair between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week."

my brother's wii had to go in, from day one the disc drive would mess up on wii games (not gamecube games) He paid nothing, as they send you a label to ship it out. He got it back pretty quick within like two weeks and the wii was the same console with all of the same downloaded content and mii's and works great now!

Sounds like your wii needs to be sent in. Now is the memory card a nintendo brand or an off brand? Maybe the wii doesn't like the off brand cards.

N-Sider: Is it true that if someone who, in the course of warranty repair, opts for advance replacement and obtains a refurbished system with a new serial number, their rights to the Wii Shop downloads they already paid for are lost forever? What about their remaining, paid-for Wii Points?

Nintendo: Consumers who wish to retain downloaded games, Wii points or any other Virtual Console content are offered the repair option. Advance Replacement is only offered when the consumer indicates Virtual Console content is not a consideration.

N-Sider: If someone opts to send their system in for repair instead, and the repair depot finds their problem unfixable and gives them a refurbished system instead, will their right to their paid Wii Shop downloads and/or Wii Points be transferred to the second system?

Nintendo: When a consumer sends their system in for repair we ensure that their Virtual Console account remains intact, whether we send the original hardware or a remanufactured system back to them.

N-Sider: If someone acquires a different Wii console down the road—after their warranty expires, or perhaps just because they want a different color console, will they have any option for transferring their right to paid Wii Shop downloads or Wii Points to the new system?

Nintendo: The consumer can contact Consumer Service to determine the best options at that point.
Source: http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=2638
Well, you could always go with the Fix It option...

Back