Wow, didnt know i had wireless!!!

SAVAGE420

Banshee rider!!!
Jan 13, 2008
BC Canada
Wii Online Code
5963-5654-5949-1670
Well guys i didnt want to start another "cant connect thread" , but what the heck....So i just realized my Telus 2WIRE modem has a single wireless set up (+the 4 ethernet ports), so anyway i tried to do the "Official Wii Wireless Internet Connection Guide" and i get to where i have to choose from a list of nearby access points and i click on the one that is green (with a lock) says 2WIRE677. So i click on that and it asks for a password or key...so what do i do guys? Also i have a wired set up and it worked great and all that but i unpluged it and not i cant get a connection again...it has the mac addy but the lan mac addy is not in there. So how do i go about hookin this up again.

Last edited:
try the online manual from the manufacturers website.

you have to go into your router (with a web browser you have to type in a http:// number)
type in password
then find the wireless section and setup the router or find the password
the manual shoudl fill you in on the details. if you get stuck stop back in. i've never heard of that brand, so idk much on the internal router software.

Damn...ok, well so i should try The manual from Telus? I don't know where that would be.

Anyway i dont know how to go in to my router (with a web browser you have to type in a http:// number)....HUH?:scared:

Well depending on how your router is setup, you need to go to the setup page, and configure the wireless security. A lot of manufacturers use http://192.168.1.1 but not all, and it's possible you or someone else reconfigured it.

Some common advice:

Write down your SSID (wireless name, which is CaSe sensitive), then generate and write down or remember a wireless access key for either a WEP or WPA secured network.

Make sure your router is handing out IP addresses, which it should if DHCP is enabled.

Last, make sure MAC address filtering isn't enabled, or if it is, make sure you add your Wii's mac address to the white-list.

The 2Wire support site: http://www.2wire.com/index.php?p=266

If it's asking for a password from the Wii Consoles side, then you Wireless Network has WEP enabled encryption. Your manufacturer should say in the manual or on the underside of the router for SSID and Hex key (password) is. 2WIRE677 seems correct.

Last edited:
Well with my 2Wire I just type home in the web browser and it takes me to my modem's settings. Mine is also wireless and my WEP key is under printed under my modem.
Maybe yours is the same.

Ok its all hard for me to understand people. LOL. So i got into the setings of my moden and changed my password for it and stuff and tried that...didnt work.
So i look under my modem and there are alot of numbers....one is the serial numer and the other one says ...WAN MAC address:
00:1A;C4;03 and a few more numbers. So is this what i use on that screen im stuck on for a password or key code? Damn there are just to damn many numbers and stuff like that....i think i need a savage420 wireless hook walk thorugh step by step set up all for me:yikes:

SAVAGE420 said:
So i got into the setings of my moden and changed my password for it and stuff and tried that...didnt work.

You have to change the WEP Encryption key, thats your password to attach to this wifi router from the Wii. It's probably using something like 64-bit depth. When you change the password you have to follow a code 0-9 A-F, you can only use those ranges of numbers & letters to create your key. It should look something like this. A3:B1:37:01:AF <-- DO NOT USE THIS. Make your own. It can be any combination of 0-9 A-F characters.

So the WEP Encryption key like you say ...is the same as the WAN MAC Addresss printed under my modem? Sorry for being retarded and i thought when i tried to hook up the lan adapter and stuff was hard lol

SAVAGE420 said:
So the WEP Encryption key like you say ...is the same as the WAN MAC Addresss printed under my modem? Sorry for being retarded and i thought when i tried to hook up the lan adapter and stuff was hard lol

Well it can be but, the MAC address for the router is for communication between devices attached to your network. But you can always try it. If it still does not work, log back into the router again, and look for WEP Security/Settings/Encryption, something similar.

Which LAN Adapter are you trying to use with your Wii ?

Last edited:
SAVAGE420 said:

You can probably configure your WEP or WPA key to be your MAC address, but they are not in no means the same thing. Think of your WEP key as the password to the router, and the MAC address as... well the address/location. To get into the router (connect) you have to give the Wii (or whatever wireless device you are trying to connect to the router) the password to get access to the router and it's network.

EDIT: Wait, you're using the LAN adapter? If you are connecting via CAT5 (Ethernet cable) you shouldn't have to mess with any of these security settings. A device hardwired to the router should receive an IP address automatically (if the router is configured as a DHCP server) and connect by itself.

No No....I Had my wii hooked up to my modem via and ethernet cord and a nintendo (white) lan adapter with the little blue lights. But if i unplug the cord, it its hard as hell to get to connect to it and i cant remember how i did it before...it was a fluke or something

Well anyway i just realized that the Telus 2WIRE modem has a wireless thingamabob so i dont want to use the ethernet lan adapter set-up if i could be wireless on the Wii. So i will try those things you guys said above and i will get back to you if i need help.

Thanx alot
Chris

Im stuck here now ...it wont let me change anything

http://home/xslt?PAGE=C05

I dont know if i should post this but i dont care as i just want to git-er-dun. Also says this too...what gives?

Fully Operational
DSL Link: Connected
Internet: Connected
Connection Information:
• Internet Address: 154.5.171.58
• Hardware Address: 00:1a:c4:03:60:50
• Key Code: 52B8-2374-22A2-2222-32S2

and this...am i good to go or what do i need lol

Internet Connection Details
Connection Type: Direct IP (DHCP or Static)
Internet Address: 154.5.171.58
Subnet Mask: 255.255.248.0
Default Gateway: 154.5.168.254
Primary Domain Name Server: 154.11.128.187
Secondary Domain Name Server: 154.11.128.59
Domain: bc.hsia.telus.net
Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU): 1500
Gateway Ping: Successful
DNS Communication: Successful
Configuration Server Post: Successful

Last edited:
Back