Wreck-It Ralph Game Announced for Wii

Maura

Super Moderator
Jul 7, 2011
UK
maura-albums-news-3-picture10151-wreck-ralph.JPG

Activision and Disney Interactive today announced that they will be releasing Wreck-It Ralph on the Wii this fall, to tie in with the release of the highly anticipated blockbuster movie of the same name from Walt Disney Animation Studios. The retro, arcade-style side-scrolling game features Ralph, the misunderstood villain of his own arcade game, who sets out to prove that he can be a hero too.

“Wreck-It Ralph, as a brand, is perfectly suited for video game stardom,” said David Oxford, Executive Vice President, Activision Publishing. “With the fantastic characters and creative atmosphere envisioned by Walt Disney Animation Studios, we know fans are going to love seeing their newfound favourite characters embark on an all-new side scrolling adventure.”

The film is directed by Rich Moore, of The Simpsons and Futurama fame, and chronicles the journey of Ralph, a video game bad guy who wants to become a hero. Unfortunately though he can’t help wrecking everything with his clumsiness, thus unwittingly unleashing a deadly video game nemesis onto his neighbours. The film’s voice cast includes Jane Lynch, John C. Reilly and Sarah Silverman.

The game picks up where the movie ends, as Ralph teams up with Fix-It-Felix and sets out to save the day. All-new levels from the Wreck-It Ralph universe include Sugar Rush, Hero’s Duty, and Fix-It Felix, Jr., with the action seeing Ralph using his clumsy strength to beat the Cy-Bugs, and switching back to Felix to repair the damage. Game modes include story campaign and two-player co-op.

Source: Activision

OH MY GOD.

I. am. PUMPED. And I don't usually say that about licensed games. IMGONNAWRECKIT

More Disney shite, both in film and in game

Back