WTF?...Lego Rock Band...confirmed

sorabrawl

WiiChat Member
Nov 8, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2222-2222-2222-2222
Yeah as it says in the title, Lego Rock Band has been confirmed for Fall 2009. Now I'm going to say a big WTF. Seriously, what's with this? Perhpas it's a more child orientated game, with crappy music such as Hannah Montana or Pink. Oh wait a minute Pink is on Lego Rock Band!!!

Worst Kept Secrets Dept.: Rumors of a Lego-themed edition of Rock Band have been making the rounds for quite a while now, and so Tuesday’s official confirmation doesn’t feel like news as such. Just a formality.

Lego Rock Band is being co-developed by (at least) three different companies: Lego Star Wars maker TT Games, Rock Band creator Harmonix, and that ubiquitous go-to studio for outsourced development Backbone Entertainment. (Backbone is also creating Rock Band Unplugged for Harmonix.)

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish Lego Rock Band in time for the holiday season on Wii, DS, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360.

Lego Rock Band, as you might imagine, is an attempt to rope a younger audience into MTV’s four-player music game experience. Thus, some of the songs that will be available on this version include:

Blur: "Song 2"
Carl Douglas: "Kung Fu Fighting"
Europe: "The Final Countdown"
Good Charlotte: "Boys and Girls"
Pink: "So What"
Warner says the Lego brand will be incorporated into the game’s design by allowing players to construct their own brick-people band ensemble, not to mention "roadies, managers, and crew."

The console versions of the game will support Rock Band instruments, as well as other music game controllers. Warner did not say how the Nintendo DS version of the game, the first outing for the music franchise on Nintendo’s portable, would play.

I think I speak for all current Rock Band players when I say that it would be great to just be able to rip all the tracks off of a Lego Rock Band disc and throw them into Rock Band 2. Or vice versa — if you really want to customize a crew of brick-shaped roadies.

Source: Wired

I mean what's next Disney Rock Band?
I wouldn't be surprised to be honest, knowing there's lots of Disney Dancing Stage/Dance Revolution games

Oh jesus... I swore this was just a joke at first, but... Wow. Just wow.

To be honest, I hate music-genre games (no flamming :p), but this is just putrid. Talk about being a sell out... LEGO Rock Band? That's not only a moronic idea, but just plain rediculous and unorthadox. ... Considering what most kids listen to these days, I think they'd go straight for Rock Band/Guitar Hero anyways. I wouldn't be suprised one bit to see this fail. ... Unfortunatly, most of the youngest kids will buy any game they can find if it's got a shiny enough case, so there's a sad, tormenting chance this could be successful.

Heres the profe that its all about the money now.

Coming up-
There becomes more versions of Rock Band than there are of Street fighter 2

I'm waiting for Christmas... I want Lego Super Mario Brothers, Lego Legend of Zelda, Lego Metroid, Lego Mario Kart, and most of all, Lego Super Smash Bros!

Sadly no new Lego Street Fighter II yet!?!

I'm waiting for Christmas... I want Lego Super Mario Brothers, Lego Legend of Zelda, Lego Metroid, Lego Mario Kart, and most of all, Lego Super Smash Bros!

Play the commodore 64 version
It looks like lego

not all the lego games suck. i have lego star wars (the complete saga), and i enjoy it as much as my 6-year-old.

than lego gears of war,lego splinter cell, lego wii sports
well i actually thought lego star wars was entertaining

Lego Star Wars was quirky, interesting, NEW, and had pretty good gameplay. Now the LEGO games just suck.

Yeah they suck now. Lego Star Wars was a great game but now it's getting annoying. You can sometimes have too much of a good thing. I really hoped that Lego Rock Band wasn't real but now I can see that the gaming market is only going downhill from here.

Rumor is a Lego Jurassic Park is being made

Back