Yeah, I'm old... So what?

The Netflix streaming was what finally nudged me over the edge to get the Wii. I guess I find it funny that I end up using it to play the games as much as to watch stuff on Netflix. :)

SSBFreak... This computer's pretty new (last August) so the specs are good: quad-core processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB hard drive... But I can play Minecraft just fine on my previous computer too (from Dec. 2005), a Compaq with 2GB RAM and some "regular ole" processor I don't remember the speed of. Probably about 80GB hard drive space on that old one.

The only issue with the older computer is that it's hooked up to a slightly older LCD monitor and the night-time in Minecraft is a bit hard to see. The LED monitor on the new computer is MUCH brighter for night-time work in Minecraft.

As for the Wii wheels I got ... Since I knew what a "real" one looked and felt like, I realized I didn't need to buy THE Nintendo brand for this accessory. I found a deal on Amazon for two wheels (white, one with red grips and the other with blue) for about $12 ... and since I ordered a second Wii remote in the same order, I got free shipping. I think the Nintendo brand wheels are running just under $10 each on Amazon right now. The ones I got have good customer reviews, if that even matters for a piece of plastic....

Am hitting a different Walmart today, since I have to be in that area of town anyway, and maybe they'll have Twilight Princess in stock....

Doesn't the Wii update? I recall it doing an update when first getting it hooked up. I am able to watch youtube and have played some light java games. Youtube vids do seem to slow down when enlarged to full screen but the small screen appears to work fine.

I can attest my 2002 Intel computer has better quality streaming and the like than the Wii for sites like youtube, and that's saying something, lol. The Wii's online capabilities are limited to say the least, mainly by it's somewhat incompatible programming.

That, and the Wii's updates are very superficial, actually. Most of these updates are just to remove illegally installed programs (namely, hacking "clients"), or to literally break your Wii if you've illegally modified it physically with a device called a "mod chip". The updates don't do much else, aside from make newer games playable.

SSBFreak... This computer's pretty new (last August) so the specs are good: quad-core processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB hard drive... But I can play Minecraft just fine on my previous computer too (from Dec. 2005), a Compaq with 2GB RAM and some "regular ole" processor I don't remember the speed of. Probably about 80GB hard drive space on that old one.

Am hitting a different Walmart today, since I have to be in that area of town anyway, and maybe they'll have Twilight Princess in stock....

All it takes is a few years to completely outclass an old computer, that's for sure... I could find the specs for this 2002 Intel Pentium 4 HT if I wanted, but it's too poor to be worthy of mention. :lol: That quad-core PC sounds quite nice, those specs are clearly of quality. I'll have to invest in one similar soon enough.

Best of luck finding a copy of Twilight Princess. =)

Back