007?

I know a lot of people reckon rare's games like Goldeneye and Banjo Kazooie won't be out because they're now owned by Microsoft. I think Nintendo could possibly still own some of the back catalogue though, otherwise surely we'd have seen Goldeneye and others on the Xbox 360 live arcade line up?

The problem with Goldeneye is that Nintendo need permission from Rare/Microsoft and I believe another company as well. If they get permission from all other involved parties, then they can release it.

The big question on everyone's lips is whether Microsoft will do something that will prove to be a huge success for a major competitor.

If Goldeneye is released for the VC, you can bet your life that it will be the most successful VC game of all time.

Last edited:
You say that, but have you played it recently? For one perfect dark was better single player anyway, but Goldeneye's multiplayer, compared to stuff nowadays, it doesn't stand up. Unlike stuff like Mario and Zelda :)

Actually, Nintendo are in discussions with Activision who currently hold the James Bond license. They wouldn't be talking to them if they still needed the go ahead from Rare, since it would be wasted time.

You have to compare to stuff now, Goldeneye or Gears of war, Half Life 2, Prey and Halo. It's a no brainer. With things like Zelda and Mario, there's never been better RPG's or platformers. But with FPS's, things have moved on, especially control systems. After playing Gears of war I can't imagine playing a multi player shooter without a simple tap of the A button making you take cover, it adds a whole new dimension to things.

Actually the whole point of this thread is for nostalgic reasons. If you want to compare Goldeneye to Gears of War, go play Gears of War and let others enjoy their older games. That's what the virtual console is for. ;)

casualimp said:
Actually the whole point of this thread is for nostalgic reasons. If you want to compare Goldeneye to Gears of War, go play Gears of War and let others enjoy their older games. That's what the virtual console is for. ;)

I thought it was to discuss retro games? I'm discussing the fact that Goldeneye hasn't held up well. Compare that to Gears of war, no contest. Now find a game since A Link to the past, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, that has come anywhere close to being as good an RPG. The newer Zelda's are nowhere near as good, only Final fantasy 7 came anywhere close to the old SNES RPG's.

yeah but old school games are on a different level than new ones not the same i grew up with old school not these new ones so both are great in there own way

Back