1UP reviews Mario Galaxy

IcedEarth81

WiiChat Member
Mar 18, 2007
They gave it a 9.5 which is fair. The thing that disappoints me is that they played through the game in one day and reviewed it. I'm not one to gripe about a 9.5, but my question is how can you honestly review a game after one day of playing, even if you beat the thing? I just don't get it.

I'm not a big 1UP person anyway, but that kind of aggravated me. This is a AAA title, take your time with it. I'm glad that Matt at IGN has promised to do this. Take a few days, take your time, enjoy the game, and take some time to think about the score. Running through it so you can get your review up early, ugh.

Maybe they geeked out and played it all day, who knows :lol:

Thanks for the news though, not a bad score still, despite "lack of playing time" he may have used.

thnks fofr the news, glad they gave it a good score, and do you mind giving me the link to this?

The game isn't incredibly difficult, but it's not too easy either. It's just right. It's very possible to get a good feel for the game in one day, provided you 'geek out' as someone said above. There are extra levels and more challenging aspects of the game such as time trials and other optional level enhancements.

98/100

Minus 2 points for minor camera / POV issues.

I'm sure it will be outstanding! This game is a major reason we own a Wii. I'm sure with our less-than-competent game skills and low volume time commitment, we'll milk it for a month or two :lol:

~DT

I personally think that 9.5 is a great score. Even the Official Nintendo Magazine gave it a score of 9.7, so I am sure that the game will be great.

IcedEarth81 said:
They gave it a 9.5 which is fair. The thing that disappoints me is that they played through the game in one day and reviewed it. I'm not one to gripe about a 9.5, but my question is how can you honestly review a game after one day of playing, even if you beat the thing? I just don't get it.

I'm not a big 1UP person anyway, but that kind of aggravated me. This is a AAA title, take your time with it. I'm glad that Matt at IGN has promised to do this. Take a few days, take your time, enjoy the game, and take some time to think about the score. Running through it so you can get your review up early, ugh.

alot of them say they play a game in a day, some are just full of bs...or they may have ment the total hours added up to about 24hr.

well beating it is beating it, theres not much more to see so why wouldnt they review it?

well beating it is beating it, theres not much more to see so why wouldnt they review it?

Speaking about SMG reviews, when can we expect IGN's review? They got the game, if I'm not mistaken, yesterday.

They probably gave it a 9.5 because they knew nintendo would make another mario game in HD in a few years and that should be a 10.

bruceleroy said:
They probably gave it a 9.5 because they knew nintendo would make another mario game in HD in a few years and that should be a 10.

By that logic, no game would ever get a 10 because there will always be a new one later with better graphics.

I think it's because I heard in a review that you CAN finish the game with 60 stars

but to get 100% you need 120 stars

so when they 'beat' the game, they might have missed a lot of stuff

Back