2+ Wiis in one room?

ToddWebb

WiiChat Member
Mar 14, 2010
Hi all, newbie here, with big questions. I greatly appreciate insight.

I am creating a bank of video games. 6 TVs, 6 game consoles, playing LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Batman, etc (yes, just LEGO games). Obviously 6x flatscreen TVs and game consoles, etc, is all very expensive, so I'd like to get it right the first time.

To help you envision, I've attached an image of one tower. I will have 2 of these towers, with 3 TVs and 3 game consoles each. It's 8' tall.

My burning questions:

1. Can I setup 6 Wiis within 20 ft of each other? Will their remotes work ONLY on the unit for which they are synched? This is psychotically important. If the answer is, "No, they will cross-signal," then I guess I'm done with the Wii.

2. LEGO games are played only with the horizontal-style controller. I have no need for the kinetic remote controller. Besides, at the convention those remotes are likely to walk off. I'd prefer WIRED controllers. Does Wii even offer this?

3. Since I'm playing only LEGO games which don't need the motion sensory (I'm told), then should I simply be looking at Play Station which would resolve #1 and #2 above? Or does the Wii have other advantages?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer. I'm beside myself with this decision.

Attachments

• Tower with 24" x 39" screen-TV.JPG
    Tower with 24" x 39" screen-TV.JPG
    326.3 KB · Views: 312
Yeah, who knows. I'm surprised between surfing the web and chatting up teen staffers at GameStop and other game stores, I've found NO ONE who's ever tried to install multiple Wii units in the same room. Guess I'm the first.

1. Although I'm not entirely positive... I'd imagine you could set 6 Wiis within 20 ft of each other, although I only have 1 Wii, I have 2 controllers. When I first purchased my second controller and got it ready to use(before synced of course) it wouldn't respond to the system until synced, so I'd imagine the 6 systems wouldn't cross signal.

2. The Wii does not offer wired controllers, but I have seen at retail stores(Best Buy) the controllers are secured with a wire to there display, perhaps going there and checking it out may give you an idea as to how to accomplish this.

3. No, you do not need the motion controls for those games. A PS3 would be an easy choice to fix that problem but, I've messed with 2 PS3's before trying to get the controllers to connect, you'll need to hold the controller right up to the system so it connects to that system alone, not the one next to it. Keep in mind the PS3 doesn't have wired controllers either, the wire you see is only used to charge the battery in the controller. It's an easy to remove USB cord. PS3's are also $100.00 more expensive.

I hope this helps! Good luck.

Back