360 for $279.99 at BB

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
Im not planning on buying a 360 anytime soon, but on another site someone was kind enough to share the BestBuy ad that will post this sunday (10/28)
Below is a link to the page that shows a $279.99 price for 360 arcade edition.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=639364
This seems like a good deal to me.

click on "Best Buy 10-28 pp 1, 2, 3.pdf (718.8 KB, 894 views)"
Then scroll down.:smilewinkgrin:

well it seems too good to be true, but its about time its gone down to a reasonable price considering all the problems it has..

Jay588 said:
pretty cool, except for NO HARD DRIVE..but i like the arcade games i guess, its a good starter 360

Yeah, the lack of a hard drive is a real killer for me.

Can you add an HD later? I know that I could just google, but then you 360 buffs dont get to flex your ego's :wink:
If you can add one later, then this seems like a killer new option. (yes I know about core system) I'm looking into both 360 and PS3 for GTA4 in the spring, and for me, a stripped down system will be enough. Besides my xbox 1's got a 100gig and all the media/systems i need.

KyleForMe said:
Can you add an HD later?

You can add one later, but they are rediculously expensive for what you get.

$90 for a 20GB drive or around $170 for a 120GB drive. And no, you can't just use any old random hard drive you may have laying around unfortunately.

Yeah, non packaged hard-drives are extremely salty, however picking up a dead 360 drive off eBay and adding your own 2.5" (laptop) SATA laptop drive would be my choice. Even if you can't find a dead one, people are buying the 120GB replacements all the time and selling there smaller 20GB for much less than new. Personally I would want a dead drive and simply pull out the original and replace it with my choice of hardware along with saving a few bucks too. :)

KrisKhaos said:
Yeah, non packaged hard-drives are extremely salty, however picking up a dead 360 drive off eBay and adding your own 2.5" (laptop) SATA laptop drive would be my choice. Even if you can't find a dead one, people are buying the 120GB replacements all the time and selling there smaller 20GB for much less than new. Personally I would want a dead drive and simply pull out the original and replace it with my choice of hardware along with saving a few bucks too. :)
That's an interesting idea, nice post!

Why not buy the pro then?
It's all around just better than the Arcade.
I see no point in the Arcade edition.

Back