86070 of death >=[

Ian~Magic

WiiChat Member
Mar 15, 2008
I'm sure you've all seen this one a million times, but if you don't mind helping me out. I found the error code lookup on the Wii site to be absolutely useless. Here's whats happening:
I turn on my Wii, and start up GH3, and then I go into the Internet option thing on the bottom. I get connected to that, which takes me to the online menu main. I can sit there all day without being disconnected (getting farkin error message 86070). When I go into anything that has to do with waiting for a match to start, I get disconnected (98% of the time). When I do get disconnected it says, interrupted during transmission (I think) and I have to start all over again.

I deleted the connection settings I had, and re-did them, still doesn't work. My router protection uses WPA-PSK (TKIP), and i do input the password right. I can go on the internet channel, I can update my Wii, it just keeps doing what I said before. Can anyone help?

First, update your router's firmware.

If that doesn't work, you may have to adjust your routers "Port Forwarding Settings." Each router is different, so call your manufacturer for assistance.

The error code is a common thing. IGN even complained about it in a Pokemon review. I get it playing Mario Strikers all the time though occasionally I am able to play an online match but the thing that sucks is that Nintendo should just ignore the error code and look for other players instead of diconnecting you from their servers, which kinda sucks.

Does anyone know if Super Smash Bros. Brawl gives the same error code for some players? The game hasn't been released yet where I live (Europe), hell it's not even announced when they will release it but I would really like to know if I can play online otherwise it's not worth buying.

Sorry for going off-topic in that last paragraph.

Ian~Magic said:
I'm sure you've all seen this one a million times
Yep, that's why there's a whole page on the Nintendo support site just for SSBB. Your error code would be similar.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...em=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=18&action2.y=29

I found the error code lookup on the Wii site to be absolutely useless.
That's not a Nintendo-run site. But for the codes it lists, its very useful.

I deleted the connection settings I had, and re-did them, still doesn't work. My router protection uses WPA-PSK (TKIP), and i do input the password right. I can go on the internet channel, I can update my Wii, it just keeps doing what I said before. Can anyone help?

Have you done all the basic stuff here?

Go to: www.nintendo.com
Click on: Support
Click on: Connecting to the Internet (Getting Online)

Also see:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/routers/en_na/routerIndex.jsp

Back