A Clockwork Orange

Star Striker said:
The film is packed full of morals and ethics such as the importance of why every person should have choice or they cease being. Jill is right though, you really do need to be sharp to pick up a lot of the film although there are people who watch it purely for the violence.

Aparently Kubrick banned it because of threats he recieved to his family, NOT because of the "copycat" murders/rapes.

theres more to the movie than just the violence and rape. infact theres a ton of hidden meanings. take for instance why he sings "singing in the rain" you think a younge kid about to rape a woman would come up with a more grown up song dontcha think? theres alot of innocence that alex has. hes also the youngest in his group and hes the head honcho.

youre right about kubrick. i read that on a website he recieved many threats because of the violence and the message it sent across. it was one of his most barbaric films. this wasnt full metal jacket with a ton of cursing. oh no, this was images that are very frightening to see if youre not "immune" to the sickness in the world

Star Striker said:
For those of you who have Film4 (UK channel)

A Clockwork Orange is being shown again on Friday at 22:40

www.ovguide.com

they can watch it streaming online for free through the divx player codec

Star Striker said:
That wasn't aimed at you by the way :lol: Just anyone who is going to use the link.

im not THAT stupid ;)

wait....

no im ok lmao; this movie is deffinitly intended for mature audiences only!

On an entirely different movie theme........I'm off to see The Simpsons :D

EDIT: Just realised this is spam :lol:

I've spent too long in Chat in another forum...

Back