A few questions

myloveispure

...and justice for all
May 26, 2007
Wii Online Code
1255-5362-6050-5227
I finally got my wii online, so i got a few questions

1- How do you get a wii username?Below all your avatar, it writes your wii username.How do i get a wii username for my wii?

2-When i went to address book, it wrote register at the bottom right so i clicked and selected to register my wii but it asksed for a wii number?What am i supposed to do and what does registering do?Is registering adding other peoples wii codes to your wii?

3- When your trying to connect to a secure access point, it was for a key or pass. How do i find that?I didnt enter any passes or keywords when setuping up my router. Im asking this because i have to secure my connection otherwise other people will connect.

Anyway, can someone send me a message?My code is 1255 5362 6050 5227

Thanks

Last edited:
hi........

1. go to user cp, then go to edit profile

2. u add them by getting their wii number and giving ur wii number to them.... u get to send messages to each other

3. i dont know that one......sorry

myloveispure said:
When your trying to connect to a secure access point, it was for a key or pass. How do i find that?I didnt enter any passes or keywords when setuping up my router. Im asking this because i have to secure my connection otherwise other people will connect.

if you haven't set one up in your router, there will be "nothing" to find.

i'd suggest using WPA-TKIP if your router supports it....you simply enter a "passphrase" such as myloveispure and the router does the rest.
you then enter the same "myloveispure" passphrase into the Wii.

WEP (64Bit or 128Bit) uses a slightly different approach, you sometimes
have the option of entering a passphrase and then the router generates
a random bunch of digits...you enter the same "digits" into the Wii's security
settings pretty much like you do with WPA.

WEP also sometimes presents you with the option to create a hexadecimal
code (letters a ~ f and numbers 0 ~ 9). have a look here for examples of
insanely long hexadecimal passwords

if u say that u havent got WEP keys enabled then u should click "None" when it asks you for type of security. It should work, if not, just encrypt your access point its safer

Back