A few random questions

Borch712ers

Deleted
Jan 1, 2007
Just joined and this is my first post. I dunno if this is where it is supposed to go or not, so feel free to move it if another section suits it better.

(1) When it comes to purchasing an SD card, I am fairly clueless. For an average gamer that will probably have about 20 Wii games to save and quite a few VC games, a lot of music, and a few pictures is a 1GB SD large enough, or would you suggest me to buy a 2GB, just in case?

(2) Any suggestions on a cheap, long-lasting rechargeable battery? From what Ive heard, Nintendo is not planning, in any way, on having a rechargeable controller, but 3rd parties are working on rechargeable docking stations. Are these worth it, or would having a couple sets of rechargeable batteries be better?

(3) I have been wondering if I should wait to buy the Wii (for reasons of price, and for nintendo to work out all the bugs). I have enough money, do you think I should get it right now? Or should I wait (presumably a long time) until the price goes down. Any idea how soon the price will drop, and by what amount? How long do you think I should wait?

(4) I am confused over how the Wii manages music. From what Ive heard, you can put music on a Wii, but only play it during Excite Truck, and slidshows? Presumably there will be more games you can play music on, like Excite Truck, but what if you just want to play some music, say during a party? There has to be a slideshow running as well, what if you have no pictures? Any news on Nintendo thinking up a music channel?

(5) Lastly, have you seen any recent deals on trading in a GC? I still have mine, and I obviously wont need it after I get my Wii. I have been watching for deals from Gamestop, EB Games etc. for extra trade in value, but havent seen any.

Thanks in advance for the help guys. :)

Well since no one answered the questions yet. ( I can only answer a few due to me not owning a wii yet)
1) I believe a 1G should do.

2) The kind you find at Canadian tire ;)

3) Well i dont need to worry about that cause i dont have the money for the Wii but for you I say just get.

4) N/A

5) I went to the GameStop website. That didnt help me much. But LOL Wii's you cannot order online cause their out but you can still order ps3's ;). Hmm I wasnt much help there was is :(. Well I Tried.

Last edited:
So, out of five replies, I get one that is cursing at me, three that post something that does not pertain to the topic whatsoever and one that I can hardly say helped me (no offense). Is this how it always is around here? Oh, and to the three of you that commented about the first guy: Id rather get a guy cursing at me THAT ACTUALLY ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS than having the three of you make my thread into your own personal chatroom.

Anyone actually wanna help me?

1) Go for 2GB
2) I hear good things about NiMH Energizer batteries.
3) I don't think the time spent waiting will be worth it. Spend a little extra, get a little more fun.
4) It's completely up to the game for how it handles music. I *think* you can play videos from the Photo Channel, but I don't have my Wii yet, so I can't verify.
5) You're never really going to get somebody to spend very much on a used, last generation system. Unless it becomes a collector's item, which would take a LONG time. If you don't mind waiting, keep it for 50 years then sell it to a museum of technology or something :)

Borch712ers said:
So, out of five replies, I get one that is cursing at me, three that post something that does not pertain to the topic whatsoever and one that I can hardly say helped me (no offense). Is this how it always is around here? Oh, and to the three of you that commented about the first guy: Id rather get a guy cursing at me THAT ACTUALLY ANSWERS MY QUESTIONS than having the three of you make my thread into your own personal chatroom.

Anyone actually wanna help me?
I know someone who does. His name is search and he could've answered all your questions in under 5 minutes.

1) Depends entirely on how much "a lot" of music is. Sounds to me like you should go for the 2gb.
2) No idea, they aren't out yet. You can pick up NiMHs for cheap though.
3) Buy it now, they're not going to drop the price within 3 months of launch/
4) Correct, Excite Truck/slideshows only atm. Seriously doubt a music channel will come, but who knows. We all have stereos for music though, right?
5) Nope

MaXiMiUS said:
4) It's completely up to the game for how it handles music. I *think* you can play videos from the Photo Channel, but I don't have my Wii yet, so I can't verify.

You can play videos, however you gotta get a Wii Video converter from the internet, Convert your avi/divx files to this wii format, and it shall play.

For music, you can download free programs, such as ORB, i believe its free, and you just need to isntall it to a computer on the network, and you can then stream music via the Internet channel.

I hope however, in the future, Nintendo brings out a music channel.

Back