a verry un-marry christmas

psychono2

Banned.....You Wish!
Jul 20, 2006
CA
Wii Online Code
4759-2872-3135-2409
well i dont know if this has been brought up or not but apparently christmas light from a tree really mess with the wiis sensor bar,i read on a site (kotaku.com)that it messses with the interface and stuff,kinda glad i wont get one till after christmas.

i tried this the other day when we put our tree up - no issues at all.

Our lights run on a mix of 3 different settings, blinking/flashing and like a rapid burst.

Wasnt any interference from what i could tell.

this confused me when I read it. The sensor bar puts off a spectrum of infared light for the wiimote to read. This is why putting candles in front of your TV and unplugging the sensor bar will also work. So it would seem that adding extra infared light wouldn't cause a problem unless it somehow gives the wiimote so much infared light that it effect blinds it.

some other people on here have had their Christmas lights fox up their remotes and have had to turn 'em off. I think they were able to figure it out that it was the larger bulbs that mess with the remote. And only sometimes. I guess if your tree was beside your TV directly it would cause problems, but you could always put another tree on the other side, have twice the merry christmas and supertight reception for your 'mote. happy holidays!

Happened to me

I had the Christmas tree mung up some of my Zelda targeting one afternoon (tree is about 4 feet left of the TV). It also happened on the Wii menu. If found that if I put my hand between the wiimote and the tree, pointing was perfect. But, if I needed to get to something on the left edge of the screen, the cursor would blink on and off and appear at random points on the screen until I pointed it away and got it recentered on the sensor bar. Moving the sensor bar to the right of the TV helped with that...

I've heard (not tried it, though) that the tree lights will show up on the wiimote sensitivity settings screen if you point at them.

This would be a problem is your christmas tree is directly next to your TV.

In which case, buy a double wide trailer next time.

Back