Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Hey, I never played this game, never played a Turn-Based-Strategy game, well not a complex one, but I LOVEEEE RTS and war games. I can't seem to find any real footage of an acutal battle. Also I would like first-hand reviews cause all of them on IGN are drone-like (typical) If anyone would care to help me out! I would appreciate it! Or if someone would even go to the full-extent of (somehow) trying to film a battle they have on WiFi or just a mission of them playing Advance Wars, I would really like it!

If i get a DS this might be my only game. (Budgeting between DS Lite Black and Wii)

I havent played this game in a few months so ill try my best to remember.

Well, to start off, you have about 10 diffrent vehicles and ships. each one has something special to it, like when your using one of the rocket launchers (w/e there called) you can shoot from long distences, etc.

The battles are pretty much like this: you start off at your base with a few vehicles or none. you buy them with money you have the begining of the battlle. you can also earn money by controling citys and stuff like that. the way you win a battle is capturing the other teams base or destroying all of there vehicles, whichever one comes first.

Thats really all i remember from the game.... hope this helped a little.

Kiwi said:
I havent played this game in a few months so ill try my best to remember.

Well, to start off, you have about 10 diffrent vehicles and ships. each one has something special to it, like when your using one of the rocket launchers (w/e there called) you can shoot from long distences, etc.

The battles are pretty much like this: you start off at your base with a few vehicles or none. you buy them with money you have the begining of the battlle. you can also earn money by controling citys and stuff like that. the way you win a battle is capturing the other teams base or destroying all of there vehicles, whichever one comes first.

Thats really all i remember from the game.... hope this helped a little.

It does, a lot, thanks! I have a Q though, is it like:

Zomg I have this north city, I gotta take over this south so I have enough money for a final takedown!
Then
Zomg I'm trying to hold this North City while taking over this South City!

Thats a small example, basicly is it "Grunt Warfare"ish? I love grunt warfare where its constant battles over cities and sneak attacks and everything?

Well, you can kind of say that.

Im not really sure how to awnser, so im just gona say this about the citys... the more you control the more money you gain from them each turn and the less money your opponent gains. which causes them to struggle with buying units that they need... leading you to a win.

As for sneak attacks... im not really sure on that one, lol. i never really planned anything like that.

But yeah, i guess its possible.

Btw... battles usually take about 35 turns for them to finish.

Any chance you would want to send me your copy? =] lol.

Back