Alright, I am officially mad

swordkirby

Kirby's path follower
Jan 2, 2008
Area-51, CO
The wii fried my gamecube memory card from getting to hot in wiiconnect24. Almost all of the files on it are "corrupted". Its not even a cheap memory card, its the nintendo 1019. Now I can't play most of my games (my crappy games work tho -.-). I am still looking for a way to "uncorrupt" the files. I doubt its possible tho....

Has this happened to anybody else? If it has, I think it's worth a product recall (mabye).

swordkirby said:
The wii fried my gamecube memory card from getting to hot in wiiconnect24. Almost all of the files on it are "corrupted". Its not even a cheap memory card, its the nintendo 1019. Now I can't play most of my games (my crappy games work tho -.-). I am still looking for a way to "uncorrupt" the files. I doubt its possible tho....

Has this happened to anybody else? If it has, I think it's worth a product recall (mabye).
Trust me dude, it's not from the heat.

Gamecube memory cards have an annoying tendency to corrupt just because they are pissed off or want to annoy you.

i have gone through a few madcatz GC memory cards but my nintendo cards have lasted for years...

Yeah, it must be something with the type of memory card.
I have the same one and many of the games save files I have on it get corrupted from time to time. Thats why I was happy when I heard about the Wii's memory.

Only solution is deleting the corrupted files and starting over.

CantGetAWii said:
Yeah, it must be something with the type of memory card.
I have the same one and many of the games save files I have on it get corrupted from time to time. Thats why I was happy when I heard about the Wii's memory.

Only solution is deleting the corrupted files and starting over.

but it's nintendo's. i don't think its the type thats messing it up.

and i've heard from multiple places that it is wiiconnect24's heat that messes it up

and it got corrupted after a session of wiiconnect24 -.-

i got a corrupted memory but it was when my gamecube lost power and i was in the middle of a saving and that make the memory corrupted but with the wii i don't have any problem i keep my two memories in the wii slots

idjut said:
i have gone through a few madcatz GC memory cards but my nintendo cards have lasted for years...
i still use my MadCatz cards
i bought a three pack for $10 in 2001 when i got my GC. now i use them for my wii
thats weird...:shifty:

it happened to my friends memory card actually, he forgot it happened so he lent me his card and after i told him it was broken he was like

oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wat are tard

well i have had the problem with corrupt data before but it was in may gamecube. Well i bought the most expensive memory card to. But still corrupt data. So i dont think it is because of the wii! TRUST ME!

lol, heat won't corrupt the memory. If it did, it'd have to be really really hot, like hot enough to give you real burns and the plastic of the memory card would be soft. It's definitely not heat. And since you can still read the card (because how would you know the data is corrupt?) this means that it is not heat damage. If it were, the card would be unreadable. It wouldn't even register a 'corrupt data' message, it would be as if the memory card wasn't there. So no, it was not heat but rather a digital error, something within the data itself.

Back