Any way to connect Wii to PC/ PC monitor?

Corai

WiiChat Member
May 8, 2007
Title says it all really. Is there any way to connect my Wii to a PC or PC monitor? I'd like to be able to do away with the need for a TV on my desk as well. If so is there a component I'd need to buy for this? Does anyone know where I could get such a thing (if it indeed exists?)

Thanks
Corai

Thanks for the reply, That was exactly what I needed to know!

thanks
Corai

Any RCA/Component to VGA converter will do. As long as the format is compliant with your Wii output signal.

What's all this VGA box stuff? I find it a whole lot easier to just get a videocard or tv tuner with composite in.

If you are in the UK a pc tv tuner card will be better. If you use 480p and want to play virtual console games, you will have to have an LCD that supports 576i @50hz which I am yet to find. If you are in the US go with the component to VGA converter

Brawny said:
What's all this VGA box stuff? I find it a whole lot easier to just get a videocard or tv tuner with composite in.
But that requires your computer to be powered and there is a slight lag between the output and display on screen.

ciper said:
But that requires your computer to be powered and there is a slight lag between the output and display on screen.

Its either lag which is milliseconds and virtual console games on an lcd in the UK, or no lag and no virtual console games on an lcd in the UK. Most current tv cards will offer no noticeable lag with timeshifting features disabled

Back