Playing wii on a PC monitor

myloveispure

...and justice for all
May 26, 2007
Wii Online Code
1255-5362-6050-5227
I heard you can connect you wii to your pc and play it through your pc monitor if you have a video card with VIVO and S-Video. Well my x800 xl has those and i was wondering how i can do it? Does this mean i dont need to buy any of those contraptions to play my wii on my pc monitor? Any help on how to do it will be greatly appreciated.

System specs: 19 inch LCD LG FLARON,2.5gbs ram, amd athlon 3500+

The question is, is that S-Video input or output? If it is output, you can't use it for your needs. If input, just get an S-Video cable and plug it in. If it won't work for you, they sell cheap USB adapters that accept the video signal.

edit: I almost forgot. If it is input, you will probably need the latest drivers for your card.

Last edited:
myloveispure said:
I heard you can connect you wii to your pc and play it through your pc monitor if you have a video card with VIVO and S-Video. Well my x800 xl has those and i was wondering how i can do it? Does this mean i dont need to buy any of those contraptions to play my wii on my pc monitor? Any help on how to do it will be greatly appreciated. System specs: 19 inch LCD LG FLARON,2.5gbs ram, amd athlon 3500+

masonb15 said:
The question is, is that S-Video input or output? If it is output, you can't use it for your needs. If input, just get an S-Video cable and plug it in. If it won't work for you, they sell cheap USB adapters that accept the video signal.

Just follow Jasons advice and i think you should be able to play the wii on the PC.

all i have to say is this and every other new thread Ive seen in the past week is the same as like 3 other thread use the Search function of the forum its there for a reason

alright but that s-video cable i got only has red,green and blue. the wii cables only have red,yellow and white. i think that s-video slot is output as well.

That's not S-Video. You're thinking of component.
Component
136-Component-Cable.jpg

S-Video
svideo2.JPG

They are output you say? This will suit your needs
REALLY LONG LINK!!!

Oh, it has both. I misunderstood. On your video card though, does it input the signal or output. Most of them output the signal in which case you will need something like in the eBay link in my last post.

it writes v/o out on it. Someone told me that cable i have is for componant cables only. Can i use it with VGA

So im kinda confused. Could i connect my wii to my pc with my current setup?

myloveispure said:
I heard you can connect you wii to your pc and play it through your pc monitor if you have a video card with VIVO and S-Video. Well my x800 xl has those and i was wondering how i can do it? Does this mean i dont need to buy any of those contraptions to play my wii on my pc monitor? Any help on how to do it will be greatly appreciated.

System specs: 19 inch LCD LG FLARON,2.5gbs ram, amd athlon 3500+
That is what she has. And yes she needs a tv tuner card or a usb tv tuner.

I'm sure if you wanted to bypass your computer and just play it on your monitor you could get a generic Component to VGA adapter but if your computer has component input like that you should just be able to hook it up and it works but my pc has s-video but it is output not input so i don't know but there are video cards like the ATI All in Wonder that have a TV Tuner on the card but TV Tuners arent that much just make sure you dont get a capturing device or it will be delayed

Back