Anyone heard of dreamGears Quick Shot?

GenTarkin

WiiChat Member
Apr 23, 2009
http://www.dreamgear.net/view-product.asp?idpr=786

I cant seem to find information on the net anywhere about this gun. I mean user feedback on it.
I am extremely interested in a light gun and one that functions well.

I know on the net the nyko perfect shot is pretty much the way to go, although it has a big grip and heard the spring is kinda tough on the hand after a while, but that remains my #1 pick as far as user feedback from others is concerned.

I also seen the Pelican duo shot gun, which has dual triggers and a smaller grip...the only one MAJOR design flaw for me, is apparently the 2 trigger functions are switched IE: the primary trigger pushes the A button and secondary trigger pushes B button...well this is not how most shooter games work from what I understand they use B to fire.

Enters the dreamGear quickshot. It features the dual trigger system EXCEPT they got it right, the primary trigger fires B and secondary fires A button. Also, there is room in the back of the wiimote to fit the motionplus addon, so, Im wondering if that means the wireless nunchuck attachment would fit also....hrm....
It also features a cord through bottom of the handle for the nunchuck attachment.
Problem is...seems noone has reviewed this gun or any user feedback.
So, wondering if any of you have or what your thoughts are.

Also, another question, in games that require use of A button...how many shooters use that button and what is it really used for in those games?
Thanks

Hmm, I do see a 4-star review on Amazon's page for this item (they have it at $14.99) at
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Quick-Shot-Nintendo/dp/B001RNOQKO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240575821&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Quick-Shot-Nintendo/dp/B001RNOQKO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1240575821&sr=8-1[/ame]

but a 1-star Review at Zappos http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7478447/c/104143.html

It does look interesting as far as the dual-trigger setup, but both reviews indicate a tight fit might be an issue for some.

Also, I know Resident Evil 4 uses the A button to shoot...

Thanks for the reply, the second link you posted is for the nyko Perfect Shot...which there is lots of info on the web about. Although, the first link was helpful...thats only one person, was hoping there were others out there who used this gun.
One thing I noticed that may be a downside is the remote is placed so much in front of the actual gun grip...it would be really front heavy. This is one thing I can see being avoided by PDP's duo shot, is the remote almost sits midway above the grip, making it more balanced.
The perfect shot though seems more similar to the quick shot in that regard about the unbalancing.

I stopped by Gamestop tonight and I held both the perfect shot and duo shot. I purchased the duo shot and I gotta tell ya it is one fine gun. I Am already ok with the fact the primary trigger is A and secondary is B. Ive played links xbow training, RE4, target:terror and metroid prime 3, which I all bought tonight used for a decent price. It works really really well with RE4. The perfect shot gun to me was really cheap feeling, and the trigger pull was LONG!!. The duo shot has really short trigger pulls and I know at least in target:terror either trigger fires so, its nice to be able to switch off triggers when one of my fingers gets tired.

I havent tried playing metroid prime 3 yet and many have stated it wont work with any light gun simply cuz it uses - and + keys often. That Im fine with, I didnt plan on using a light gun with it anyways knowing that.

One thing that really appeals to me about the duo shot, is the remote itself is more proportionally sitting on top of your hand then in other light guns. So, the gun doesnt really feel front heavy....It feels nearly well balanced. I liked that a lot about it.

Back