Anything i can buy to turn the wifi on my PC to into a Hot Spot for my Wii?

golfisfun

WiiChat Member
Mar 2, 2009
As i can not connect to the internet with my Wii Lan Adapter i was wondering if anyone can show me anything that i can use to turn the wireless signal on my PC to make a signal for my Wii to connect to and use the the wifi threw my PC? I know nintendo used to make something like this but stopped.

>wireless signal on my PC

I don't understand... please explain

Do you mean that your PC is wired to your dsl/cable modem... and then you want to use a PC wireless adapter as a transmitting router?

I think you will need to ask the vendor of your PC device how to make it into a transmitting router, since I don't think that is a standard (or at all?) feature of a PC device

You may, of course, connect a wireless router to your dsl/cable modem... if your existing modem does not have built-in wireless

Just how do you get Internet?

>wireless signal on my PC

I don't understand... please explain

Do you mean that your PC is wired to your dsl/cable modem... and then you want to use a PC wireless adapter as a transmitting router?

I think you will need to ask the vendor of your PC device how to make it into a transmitting router, since I don't think that is a standard (or at all?) feature of a PC device

You may, of course, connect a wireless router to your dsl/cable modem... if your existing modem does not have built-in wireless

Just how do you get Internet?

My PC is pluged into the wall. I am at college and we are only allowed to have 1 thing regstered with the IT Dept which happens to be my PC.

Ask the IT staff before you buy anything

You SHOULD be able to use a network wire to connect a wireless router to the campus network (plugged into the wall) since the network will see that as one device

You then wire your PC to the router, and activate the wireless in the router to connect to the Wii

Be sure the wireless router is set to G band (the Wii will not use N band) AND be sure to use the wpa/wpa2 security in the router so other people don't use your wifi to hack into your PC

This one should work... Trendnet TEW672GR

Just like what JohnTSmith said. Get a wireless router (not a wireless access point) and register that unit with your school IT. Most likely they need the mac address of the unit and they might require it to have a static IP but they'll let you know. From there you could hook up as many device as you want onto your wireless router.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED...
If you have a wired dsl then you need a 40$ wireless router follow the intructions on it.

Air card(vz card or sprint usb air card) anyway try to purchace a cradelpoint a little black box with a usb port on the back plug the card into the back and log on to the cradle points settings and deset the splash page because it will prevent your wii from connecting once thats clear then go to your wii and try to connect to it. the price of a cradle point is 25$.

Back