Atari 2600 Online Petition

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
Well If You Want Nintendo To Put Atari 2600 games on the VC with online functions then post here so maybe if i can get enough people and submit it to nintendo then we can get Atari 2600 games with online functions!

They're not adding online functionality to their own VC games, so it's pretty unlikely they would do it with Atari 2600 games if they were ever available.

However, I would like to see more classic console games made available: Atari 2600/5200/7800, Intellivision, ColecoVision, etc.

well the reason i was wanting them to put it online is because more people would buy the games and they would continue to put more of them online

I keep telling you guys Nintendo has plans for online VC. A Neo Geo rep confirmed it way back. The one thing that limited online gaming was a lack of a hard drive. Guess what? We have a hard drive. Nintendo's only limitation is what they want or don't want to add. This is true for all 3 consoles. If Brawl is an indicator, we have a lot to look forward to. The days of offline consoles are over.

sagema said:
I keep telling you guys Nintendo has plans for online VC. A Neo Geo rep confirmed it way back. The one thing that limited online gaming was a lack of a hard drive. Guess what? We have a hard drive. Nintendo's only limitation is what they want or don't want to add. This is true for all 3 consoles. If Brawl is an indicator, we have a lot to look forward to. The days of offline consoles are over.

Hard drives have nothing to do with playing VC games online. And besides, the Wii doesn't have a hard drive.
But you are correct in that it's all up to what Nintendo wants or doesn't want to do.

It won't happen. Microsoft has arcades, and some Atari already. Example: Pac Man.

Last edited:
well lets hope they start getting online VC games not just the wiiware games that are going to come out

ok, you have a random wacky idea, and thats good and all, but isnt online play for multiplayer games? Lets think of all the great 2 player games 2600 had.......lets see, you can alternate turns at Pacman, you can alternate turns on River Raid, you can alternate turns on Berserk, and you can alternate turns on Blockout.............would you want to waste the time and manpower to make this possible if YOU were nintendo.........? Kind of pointless.

Was Yars REvenge 2 player alternating? MAybe add that one too. I'll see you in the Berserk Lobby. Dont touch the walls.

xbox arcade and ps3 does online, its only a matter of time before nintendo catch on..they could even be working on it as we speak..patience

well i hope they get updates for the games so you can play online with them it would be a really cool edition to the game

Online is way out of the question, I would like to see more classic games though for other systems. I already have most of the good atari games so I don't really care too much.

Back