Attachment to play movies and other DVD content?? What the

bubs

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2007
Australia, Perth
I found something interesting. This was on the Gametraders Australian website under the 'consoles' page for the Wii.

Backward Compatibility: Revolution will play all of your favorite Nintendo GameCube games. An innovative self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. You can also equip a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

Is that just old data or is there supposed to be an attachment for Wii avaliable already?

Old data as you can see its still called the Revolution. They simply have not updated their website in a while it seems.

Yeah thats what i thought... that means they were planning a DVD playback feature from day 1, but never did it for some reason.

that sucks do u know if it will be able to play dvds????

is it like a system update or is there gonna be another wii??/

24forlife said:
is it like a system update or is there gonna be another wii??/

most likely an update. but IMHO there is not need for it. There are better DVD players for cheaper and the major thing is 480P max. if you don't know what I am talking about then wait for you wii to play DVD's and enjoy

A DVD playback software is already being developed for the Wii.
1. Its "free" (homebrew)
2. It runs in Gamecube mode ,,, meaning it will get even better someday.

Nintendo screwed us by intentionally not including DVD playback and only allowing analog Stereo output

Update: Supposedly a beta version of the Wii DVD player software will be released this weekend! Since it runs in Gamecube mode you can only control the DVD with a gamecube controller.

Back