Nintedo release official Wii details

^ good news bout the hard drive, i think they will release one, also if i fill up the 512mb will that have an effect on performance do u think?

it shouldn't, flash memory actually reads much faster than a hard drive, so if anything you'll notice a performance hit once the hard drive has seen extensive use and become very fragmented

the actual difference is not very apparent to human perception, but flash accesses at roughly 20 nano seconds, where as a hdd takes about 10 milliseconds. Of couse these stats are for PCs but hardware limitations translate fairly well usually

EDIT: I think i just caught the real intent of your question....

No, filling up the 512 will not affect the systems performance bc this is not the memory used to play games, it is the memory to store the save files and roms for the classic games

Last edited:
phimuajedi69 said:
it shouldn't, flash memory actually reads much faster than a hard drive, so if anything you'll notice a performance hit once the hard drive has seen extensive use and become very fragmented

Will there even be a way to defrag the harddrive?

well...not the prettiest solution, but if it is a USB drive hook it up to your computer and use windows defrag utility

not really sure bc i haven't got any experience with a console hard drive, anyone know what the xbox 360 does about it?

You wouldn't think to much more powerful just a couple tweaks here or there, but you never know is nintendo.

WiiT said:
What I am looking at is the graphics card. What could be in the graphics that could take it so long to develop if it is just slightly more powerful than the GameCube as they say?
I'm wondering this as well. Why is it taking long for them to finish a graphics card that should only be a little more powerful than GameCube? I think their is a secret behind it.

It could be a handful of things. I mean they just be tweaking and overtweaking things that they don't like. I mean they still have like 5 months right?

How serious are people about "only a little more powerful than GC"? I keep seeing littler arguments about whether this is just an incremental upgrade with the gameplay/controllers being the big deal or what.

phimuajedi69 said:
well...not the prettiest solution, but if it is a USB drive hook it up to your computer and use windows defrag utility

not really sure bc i haven't got any experience with a console hard drive, anyone know what the xbox 360 does about it?

For the 360 you have to go into some setup thing and hold the "A" button or something. It happened to my friend, his 360 was running realy slow so he had to find a way of defragng the hardrive. I laughed so hard when i found out, thats what you get for using windows lol!

Back