Australian Wii problems?

Darkside7000

Luke Perry for President!
Dec 1, 2006
Australia
Just wondering, have their been any problems with Australian Wii's yet? I just got my Wii but I cant play it until XMas and i'm wondering wether I should set it up and see if there are any problems with it (like connecting online etc.). I'd really prefer to just wait until XMas though.

And I know its only been released in Australia for several hours, but i'm just making this topic incase sometime has happened since then.

Darkside7000 said:
Just wondering, have their been any problems with Australian Wii's yet? I just got my Wii but I cant play it until XMas and i'm wondering wether I should set it up and see if there are any problems with it (like connecting online etc.). I'd really prefer to just wait until XMas though.

And I know its only been released in Australia for several hours, but i'm just making this topic incase sometime has happened since then.

From now till then, can you return it incase of any problems? Aslong as you can then you could leave it till xmas, but personally I would set it up and check it out, rather then trying to play it xmas day and all the shops are shut when it turns out it isn't working. I always check my **** when I get home. forget waiting till xmas anyways, but thats just me cus Ive long grown out it, but being as we've waited so long for this, I dont think I would put it off any longer then necessary, personally.

I agree, it wou;d be terrible for you to get up on christmas day, so excited, open your new wii, and there be some sort of problem :(. If you opened now you can inspect it, and if it is faulty (unlikely I guess) then you could get a new 1 before christmas with nintendos excellent customer service now which will be too busy over christmas. But thats just my opinion i dont want to influence your decision too much. I get myne tomorrow :D

wait till christmas, i dont want to be the only one. and seriously, the only faults that were recorded were in the early american models.

Mine work perfectly its great fun you should 'test' it out for maybe 2 hours or 3 hours just to amke sure yours works

Hmm, my wiis online thingy goes straight onto update (Watch out!) and it doesnt have Wiiconnect24 yet in AUS or is that just me?

I've decided to just wait until XMas and go online a few days after. Meaning if my Wii stuffs up I can get it replaced that day, rather then not getting to use it after XMas.

I probably wont play it on Christmas day either apart from maybe 30-40 minutes in the morning (before we go to our grandparents).

WiiGod said:
...I get myne tomorrow :D

I'm also gettin mine 2moro... BOUT FUKIN TIME!! :yikes:

Game said they will be opening from 6am when I asked if they have any bundle deals yet for the game and so forth. I new straight away they will be selling Wii + Zelda like mad throughout the day, hence them opening so early to make the most of the day. I was gonna ask my friend to pick up atleast the copy of Zelda for me, then I would go in after work to collect my console, being as the guy said my console is guaranteed due to preorder.

Changed my mind thought and will just get up few hours earlier and collect both before work in the morning, that way it kills to birds with one stone, cus my working day wont drag due to the anxiousness of wanting to go pick up my game, and I will be better guaranteed a copy of Zelda. I checked for back up at Gamestation and they said they will have alot of copies of the game, but I would prefer to get both console and game from the same shop, fact being I can get more discount from my Rewards Points card :rolleyes:

If you're afraid of your console not working you should be just as afraid of any other product you're getting this Christmas not working. They're a solid and sound unit, and the chances are getting a dodgy one are VERY low indeed. Many people come to these forums to complain, but if everyone who owned a decent system made a post you'd have a few million people saying "It's fine" and would struggle to come across somebody with a faulty system.

My advice though is to stay away from an internet connection when you first get it. I had a 128/128 connection (throttled during the day) and as soon as it was set up I was forced to wait for about 1.5 hours as it updated the firmware before I could play it again. Painful stuff, considering I've been waiting the better part of two years for it.
Open it up on Christmas, impress your mum with the system, then wait until the family is out the back forcing you to play some backyard cricket before you connect it online. While it's downloading go outside and get yourself a 6 and out, then tell your little brother to climb over the fence and get the ball. I love Chrismas :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Yeah i've had nice for bout 24hrs now. Got it from JB Hifi.

The only probs I've had so far are the updates hung on me so i had to reset it and also, for some reason, although it only happend once, after quitting a game, the screen just went blank and again, had to restart it.

Apart from those 2 probs, there doesnt seem to be anything wrong.

Back